Requesting Domain Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ar6ch3r

Feb 3, 2015
Just purchased a Domain from Godaddy.. Also have my own VPS.. Can't seem to find a decent tutorial to link my domain into the configs other then just posting my domain where it says "$_CONFIG['hotel']['server_ip'] = '***.***.***.***'; //IP of VPS/DEDI/etc"

Any suggestions / Tips would be great as i've already spent 35$!

Janzeer

Headmaster Of Hogwart's
Apr 30, 2012
Add me in skype - tiny.builder
ill help you
Just go to your domain and create the DNS settings like this. Placing your domain and pointing it to your ip address, for example hellohotel.com pointing it 62.58.9.1 on the first line creating an "A" record and a "CNAME" record on the second, for example www in alias of hellohotel.com. This would allow people to access your site with the need to type www.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I would suggest setting up your DNS Settings with Cloudflare, if you do it right away it won't take time to update and then your hotel will be more secure right from the start

ar6ch3r

Feb 3, 2015
I have purchased 2 hosts, 1 from godaddy and 1 from dreamhost..Both i have no idea how to work so if anyone would be able to message / teamviewer me as i haven't been able to resolve this issue. it would be fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread