Replace FindRetros reCAPTCHA

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Habbo retro users have to complete a Google reCAPTCHA challenge every day for each hotel that they play.

No one likes CAPTCHAs, they are annoying.

Maybe it could be worthwhile replacing the voting CAPTCHA with ? It's free and doesn't require the user to complete a CAPTCHA puzzle.

Seems easy to setup too:

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
Honestly, I feel findretros could do with a lot love. But realistically with the state the retro scene is in at the moment I doubt it's even worth it.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
I don't think findretros has changed much since the days of thehabbos lol
honestly could be improved in many ways that may draw more attention to the english scene (i.e going international and having different sections for different languaged hotels while keeping english the primary ( as a lot of these people are bilingual and also know english)

imo but you're probably right about it not being worth it though

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Honestly, I feel findretros could do with a lot love. But realistically with the state the retro scene is in at the moment I doubt it's even worth it.
Yeah, I don't doubt there's a lot of improvements that could be made to FindRetros. All depends on how much time is worth spending on it I guess.

That said, I do think this change would be a nice quick win. It's a really small change, yet would be pretty useful.
Although the retro scene is dying out a bit, thousands of users still have to vote each day. I feel like that's the main "feature" of FR, so why not.

Users who are viewing this thread