REMOVED.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Here's some tips ;):

Firstly, I'd probably take advantage of your APU's crossfire ability, and switch to an AMD based GPU. (something like the 250x: ).

Secondly, you don't really need a sound card, the motherboard you've selected has a perfectly capable audio chip. Using the $40 you've saved, buy a more powerful PSU, make sure it's at least 500 watts. There's nothing more frustrating than a rig that doesn't turn on or a PSU that explodes after a few months. :p

Balls

Jun 1, 2013
Slash the 16gb ram to only 2x 4GB sticks (8GB) - try this one .
Use the leftover money (about $40??) and upgrade the gpu to an amd based one -
Also, you do not need a sound card, scrap that and used the $45 to get a more reliable psu -
Finally, 4TB hdd? Get a 120gb SSD and a 1TB hdd.

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
Here's some tips ;):

Firstly, I'd probably take advantage of your APU's crossfire ability, and switch to an AMD based GPU. (something like the 250x: ).

Secondly, you don't really need a sound card, the motherboard you've selected has a perfectly capable audio chip. Using the $40 you've saved, buy a more powerful PSU, make sure it's at least 500 watts. There's nothing more frustrating than a rig that doesn't turn on or a PSU that explodes after a few months. :p
Slash the 16gb ram to only 2x 4GB sticks (8GB) - try this one .
Use the leftover money (about $40??) and upgrade the gpu to an amd based one -
Also, you do not need a sound card, scrap that and used the $45 to get a more reliable psu -
Finally, 4TB hdd? Get a 120gb SSD and a 1TB hdd.
Thanks for the reply :)
I've updated my partlist here:

I changed the ram, CPU upgrade, changed hard drive to 120gb SSD and 2TB HDD, added another GPU and upgraded the PSU
I also added a wireless network adapter, not sure if I'll use it but for $10 it's worth it. :)

Balls

Jun 1, 2013
Dont think you really need dual graphics cards, but you should definitely get a better case with more airflow,

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
Dont think you really need dual graphics cards, but you should definitely get a better case with more airflow,
I can replace the 4gb graphics with 2gb graphics and then add 16gb ram instead, then possibly upgrade to 4gb graphics when needed/if needed. I like the case I have, I would have liked more airflow but I want a case with front usb 3.0 ports... I did have a case that had better airflow, but I changed it because it went over-budget.

Unidentified

Living the Developer Life...
Jun 19, 2012

Users who are viewing this thread