Remove Rev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Kryptos was the lead developer for the 'rev development' type section:

Since he's left the section is pretty dead and despite him saying that he's completing it, I don't think the section is as focused as it was previously.

You could of course make a read-only (dead projects) section and put it there so people can still read the help threads and so on or just bang out remove it and he can still finish and post the development in the Habbo one.

Unless of course it's still a devoted Community Project.
Feel free to post your opinions, negativity is welcome.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
I would like to say, I wouldn't mind learning PHP then using it to work on RevCMS

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Rev has died since 3.0 came out. I think 3.0 was a major failure because it was simply to powerful, without a lot of core features and design. I agree with you, It has died down a lot. So +1 to the vote saying kick it out

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Rev has died since 3.0 came out. I think 3.0 was a major failure because it was simply to powerful, without a lot of core features and design. I agree with you, It has died down a lot. So +1 to the vote saying kick it out

It hasn't died as a whole, but I said to Manuel myself that it does seem simply too much for most users, RevCMS 1.9.9.9 was perfection in my eyes, but ever since 3.x.x Rev has slowly began to fall down hill. Unless it is to be worked on more, I'd also say to maybe move to a normal development thread, unsure yet, Manuel is busy with life/school(or college), like most of us.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
It hasn't died as a whole, but I said to Manuel myself that it does seem simply too much for most users, RevCMS 1.9.9.9 was perfection in my eyes, but ever since 3.x.x Rev has slowly began to fall down hill. Unless it is to be worked on more, I'd also say to maybe move to a normal development thread, unsure yet, Manuel is busy with life/school(or college), like most of us.

All is true. 3.x.x was a major want at first once it was released it was a fail because of all the bugs that needed to be fixed unless someone is willing to take out time and fix it but honestly 1.9.9 is better anyways! Also I agree it should be a normal thread now.

lepos

Dec 11, 2011
Couldn't of said it better myself, I agree with it just being moved to a normal development section.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
I'm sure Manual will start the project as he left it when he has more time on his hands the RevCMS has became a great development throughout the months and it'll be a shame to see it go. I can assure someone will start with it's development again in the future, for now we just need to leave it to dust for a while for Manual to decide on what to do with it as it's he's project.

lepos

Dec 11, 2011
I'm sure Manual will start the project as he left it when he has more time on his hands the RevCMS has became a great development throughout the months and it'll be a shame to see it go. I can assure someone will start with it's development again in the future, for now we just need to leave it to dust for a while for Manual to decide on what to do with it as it's he's project.
I guess so.

I just don't want to see another dead section, hope comes back soon and continues it.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Hopefully, I used to be a big fan of it till he lost time to keep up on it... -cries

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I think Rev was just too much for the scene. It isn't a failure in my opinion, I released a BETA so everyone would be aware the would be a lot of bugs. I think Rev 3 is just too powerful, it's too professional for a community that's used to procedural style and messy shit.

I promise I will finish it, when the time is right.

lepos

Dec 11, 2011
I think Rev was just too much for the scene. It isn't a failure in my opinion, I released a BETA so everyone would be aware the would be a lot of bugs. I think Rev 3 is just too powerful, it's too professional for a community that's used to procedural style and messy shit.

I promise I will finish it, when the time is right.
I didn't mean exactly if you were finishing or not but in all respects, is rev still that if I may say; popular, big or whatever, that it continues to need a whole section for the development?

I hope you see where I'm coming from :S

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I didn't mean exactly if you were finishing or not but in all respects, is rev still that if I may say; popular, big or whatever, that it continues to need a whole section for the development?

I hope you see where I'm coming from :S

It is a community project, other projects can be too? It's not stopping anything.

lepos

Dec 11, 2011
It is a community project, other projects can be too? It's not stopping anything.
Fair enough, it was just an idea that I still see fit but I guess you're somewhat right.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
All is true. 3.x.x was a major want at first once it was released it was a fail because of all the bugs that needed to be fixed unless someone is willing to take out time and fix it but honestly 1.9.9 is better anyways! Also I agree it should be a normal thread now.

Why do you think rev 3 BETA was released? To find bugs as Kryptos just said, that's the whole point of a beta. Your saying it like Kryptos released the beta and just threw it aside. Kryptos was taking time out to fix bugs, he was releasing new versions of the beta every other day. You can't call a project in BETA stages a fail based on the terms that it has bugs.

As he just said, he will finish it eventually but from what i've read previously he's lost motivation in the project whether that be the cause of reactions or other things happening right now i don't blame him. When he released the beta all i saw were people putting down the project because it had bugs even though its a beta. Rev 3 has been in dev for over a year, it might not be as you expected but a simple "good job" probably goes a long way these days.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
Why do you think rev 3 BETA was released? To find bugs as Kryptos just said, that's the whole point of a beta. Your saying it like Kryptos released the beta and just threw it aside. Kryptos was taking time out to fix bugs, he was releasing new versions of the beta every other day. You can't call a project in BETA stages a fail based on the terms that it has bugs.

As he just said, he will finish it eventually but from what i've read previously he's lost motivation in the project whether that be the cause of reactions or other things happening right now i don't blame him. When he released the beta all i saw were people putting down the project because it had bugs even though its a beta. Rev 3 has been in dev for over a year, it might not be as you expected but a simple "good job" probably goes a long way these days.

Fag, I was on about the inactivity due to the lack of updates to rev 3 hence why we wanted the section removed but as Kryptos said he is still alive so fair enough.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011

And due to the lack of updates bud, not sure if you knew Kryptos didn't release much fix's after he released 3.x.x and it died out due to it.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
And due to the lack of updates bud, not sure if you knew Kryptos didn't release much fix's after he released 3.x.x and it died out due to it.

He released 3 or 4 in 1 week each containing quite a large amount of fixes.

Doctorate

Sep 9, 2012
Hold it.
Kick it out but keep an archive thread so people can download it..
It still is about the most secure cms?

lepos

Dec 11, 2011
I think we've all made our point about why we think it should be removed or not.

or anyone close thread; they've seen the thread so they'll choose (whenever) if it gets removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread