Religious Festival Debate

Alb

Dec 26, 2013
Should popular religious festivals like Diwali, Easter, Eid, and christmas be celebrated or not by a non religious person?

Vote below

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I celebrate both Easter and Christmas, but not because it is based around religion, but because it's an excuse for family and friends to get together and catch up. I don't see why they shouldn't be celebrated by non-religious people, especially things like Easter and Christmas, which in my opinion have drifted quite far from being simply about religion, and instead has become more "mainstream" with things like the Easter bunny and Santa.

But at the end of the day, you should be able to celebrate whatever your heart desires.

Alb

Dec 26, 2013
I celebrate both Easter and Christmas, but not because it is based around religion, but because it's an excuse for family and friends to get together and catch up. I don't see why they shouldn't be celebrated by non-religious people, especially things like Easter and Christmas, which in my opinion have drifted quite far from being simply about religion, and instead has become more "mainstream" with things like the Easter bunny and Santa.

But at the end of the day, you should be able to celebrate whatever your heart desires.
I totally agree with the last part, because its shows that you want to be equal. (May not make sense)

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I celebrate Christmas and Easter and i don't believe in any religion, I ain't even bothered about getting orders. Xmas and Easter for me is to spend time with family and friends

So yes why shouldn't non religious people celebrate it

Alb

Dec 26, 2013
I celebrate Christmas and Easter and i don't believe in any religion, I ain't even bothered about getting orders. Xmas and Easter for me is to spend time with family and friends

So yes why shouldn't non religious people celebrate it
I am another religion and i celebrate Christmas for the fun and joy people have.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Christmas has never really had roots in religion, it's a pagan festival to mark the winter solstice (I think).

Habbo Retro Legend
Jul 4, 2011
I celebrate christmas and easter with religion due to my beliefs. I am a hardcore believer of God and will never not celebrate him|

Yazmin

Aug 17, 2013
Well I'm non-religious and I just think of Christmas as a lovely day with my family, and of course Easter is all about eating loads of white chocolate.
I think whatever event it is, people just celebrate them differently as we all have different opinions. Some people may be non-religious and celebrate Eid for the sake of it.

Users who are viewing this thread