Show DevBest [Release] CookieFramework 2- Updated & Optimized.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
If you want to make a copyright notice that is hard to remove, why not take a core section of the code that is needed to run the framework, and host it on your website, then link it to the framework when people download? that way they can't edit the copyright because they don't get it

Just a suggestion :)

Because if/when his website is down, so is everyone elses.

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
What if he decides to close his site, or can't afford his server?
Then he shouldn't be developing stuff, if he keeps deciding to end the projects, and if he wants to keep his work copyrighted well he save up lots of money

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Then he shouldn't be developing stuff, if he keeps deciding to end the projects, and if he wants to keep his work copyrighted well he save up lots of money

Doesn't mean he's ending the project, just the site. I can develop my projects for free, but using what you said, the DRM, requires him to have a server online at all times. If he decides to stop developing his website (And that alone) but continue his Framework then his DRM just went down the toilet with his dead gold fish.

Sean

Dec 12, 2011
Doesn't mean he's ending the project, just the site. I can develop my projects for free, but using what you said, the DRM, requires him to have a server online at all times. If he decides to stop developing his website (And that alone) but continue his Framework then his DRM just went down the toilet with his dead gold fish.

In the case that he stops development, he should release an update open sources, removing the copyright part.

So that people can keep using it :)

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
In the case that he stops development, he should release an update open sources, removing the copyright part.

So that people can keep using it :)

And then take credit for it, completely voiding the reason of making the core system in the first place...

Sean

Dec 12, 2011
And then take credit for it, completely voiding the reason of making the core system in the first place...

If he stops developing it, then what use is it to him?
If I stopped developing something, I let some other people take on the project, and leave it at that :)

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
If he stops developing it, then what use is it to him?
If I stopped developing something, I let some other people take on the project, and leave it at that :)

re-read what I said. I said stop developing his website, not the framework. He can still work on the framework without a website the same way I can work on any project without a website.

Sean

Dec 12, 2011
Then how will he advertise and release his project?

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
You could use a DRM method, but that is usually used more for licensing of software or products that are purchased. If you're releasing code for free but do not want your copyright to be modified, use something like ionCube or Zend Guard to encode the source (PHP obviously). Non web languages should still be obfuscated.

Users who are viewing this thread