Show DevBest [Rate] HassanTech v2

AaidenX

Jun 30, 2012
Hello everyone, due to a long list of negative feed-back, I decided to re-code a new layout! So, I learned jQuery and implemented jQuery on this Layout as well. I hope you like the design, because I spent a long time to design this.

Visit:

Rate out of 10, if it is not 10/10, please suggest how I can improve my site. Thanks, much appreciated,
Hassan Althaf.

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
4/10 i dont like site layout thats just my opinion.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Holy shit, learn to use paragraphs and better text formatting. I'm not reading all of this shit. Also the site layout is basic and to be frank very ugly, the big gray bar at the top doesn't suit it, the logo doesn't match the website, Ubuntu font is being used. Overall 2/10

Izy7j1O.png

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Okay, so you've stuck with the simple fixed one-column layout.

Anyway, last time you didn't receive a lot of "negative feedback" you just received criticism.

This is an improvement but there is still room for improvement (as there is for most junior websites). Here's some shit I think will improve it:
  • The overall color scheme is very dull, although it's simple and minimal (which is good) it could be livened up - look up flat colors and maybe try implement them;
  • The navigation menu (the :hover state) is causing the menu items to move, add a couple px of padding to the menu items on their normal state so they do not move on hover;
  • Although you've used some basic jQuery, I'm not a fan of it. Sometimes the items do not load smoothly and it looks a bit amateurish - maybe work a simpler method or remove it all together;
  • The social icons don't feature a hover-state effect, maybe add one?
  • [Personal preference] I'd also add some more padding to the content box just to make it look a bit better.
  • [when coding] try to avoid using ID selectors (#) in your CSS, it just helps to get into the habit of always classes (.) for CSS and then ID's for javascript - this won't make much of a difference now, it just enabled your page to load quicker so when you get into more advanced, larger pages it'll help.
Anyway, like I said, it's nice and minimal - which is good. Just a few simple changes that I think could help it. Hope it helps ;p

EDIT; Noticed this, may want to change your hover-state for the active links or else it looks like this:
20140216153450361.png

Shado

Oct 7, 2013
Okay, so you've stuck with the simple fixed one-column layout.

Anyway, last time you didn't receive a lot of "negative feedback" you just received criticism.

This is an improvement but there is still room for improvement (as there is for most junior websites). Here's some shit I think will improve it:
  • The overall color scheme is very dull, although it's simple and minimal (which is good) it could be livened up - look up flat colors and maybe try implement them;
  • The navigation menu (the :hover state) is causing the menu items to move, add a couple px of padding to the menu items on their normal state so they do not move on hover;
  • Although you've used some basic jQuery, I'm not a fan of it. Sometimes the items do not load smoothly and it looks a bit amateurish - maybe work a simpler method or remove it all together;
  • The social icons don't feature a hover-state effect, maybe add one?
  • [Personal preference] I'd also add some more padding to the content box just to make it look a bit better.
  • [when coding] try to avoid using ID selectors (#) in your CSS, it just helps to get into the habit of always classes (.) for CSS and then ID's for javascript - this won't make much of a difference now, it just enabled your page to load quicker so when you get into more advanced, larger pages it'll help.
Anyway, like I said, it's nice and minimal - which is good. Just a few simple changes that I think could help it. Hope it helps ;p

EDIT; Noticed this, may want to change your hover-state for the active links or else it looks like this:
20140216153450361.png
True Sysode, I loved the Template but I don't like the Navbar but nice 8/10

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
I don't think you should have put any jQuery into it. It makes it a mess. The page loads then next I see it goes back up and then down again? Also not quite sure on the logo bouncing how it does.

But as others have said, navigation needs some fixing.., colors can be improved, the content box header needs some changing.

Anyways it does look like an improvement from your last one.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
For a 13 year old, it's not that bad! Your English isn't that bad too.

It's much better than the first.

However, I do agree with Quackster -- use paragraphs more. There seems to be too much text, it will put people off reading.
Also, I agree with Sysode, lighten up the colour scheme.

But good work.

AaidenX

Jun 30, 2012
I really appreciate everyone's feedback! I will update the site either tomorrow or wednesday and sysode, please suggest me some colors I could use as I dont have a good selection.

@Markshall sorry if my english is bad, I am an english learner.

Edit:
I've now updated the paragraphs and made the text neater.
I've fixed the navbar bug.
I've removed the navbar hover effect.
I've fixed some grammar, thanks to reverso.net!

Last edited:

ying

goddess
Jul 4, 2010
jQuery $.slideDown is extremely annoying for each page load, and is an eyesore. If you're going to add it at least make the content in the page invisible with display:none; then proceed to sliding it down as it just looks weird when the page loads and everything is there, then it suddenly stutters and slides down.. Secondly in regards to the navigator, add some kind of hover to the buttons for added effect with $.hover, and instead of using normal hrefs that take you to another page you could use ajax page loader with a fade in effect it will look much nicer in my opinion. Overall rating 5/10.

AaidenX

Jun 30, 2012
@ying erm, Ajax wouldn't be useful as It wont slide in PHP, and <forms> won't work because I am going to add a form in the contact area :)

ying

goddess
Jul 4, 2010
@ying erm, Ajax wouldn't be useful as It wont slide in PHP, and <forms> won't work because I am going to add a form in the contact area :)
Yes it will, I don't think you understand what I'm saying xD. Load the pages with $.ajax send a request and on .done append the information to the content box with a fade Out and then fade In.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Yes it will, I don't think you understand what I'm saying xD. Load the pages with $.ajax send a request and on .done append the information to the content box with a fade Out and then fade In.
Why use that? That technique is normally used for sites that require the header to remain the same (ie - Radio sites with players constantly playing somewhere on the page). I personally, find them really annoying and terrible for SEO. Also, if not done correctly, pages can cache and the user can be left wondering why the page has just 'frozen'

Straya

Straya Cunt
Mar 23, 2013
6/10 that bouncing effect is so annoying also I think if you removed it it would make your site that bit faster like a kb faster.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
It would be easier for me to give you some feedback if I really knew what you are aiming for. Although I think you should have some green in the colorscheme. Eyes like green

Users who are viewing this thread