Show DevBest [Rate] Flat Metro Theme

heywhite

Jan 30, 2014
Hi,

I've just created a new website for my team which is called WebHaikal. The website utilises html,css and jquery. It's based on MetroUI. I've posted it here to get some feedback about it...

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Not bad. I like the colours. Optimise it for mobile though. Looks shit on phones

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Nah. He's not lying guys. I just took a brief look over it this morning and saw that ad and assumed it was copied.

However, looking at the source of the demo given, the add is placed outside of the HTML content - which them shitty hosting sites do.

Sorry about that bro. Maybe try x10hosting for free hosting to get away from the ads :p

heywhite

Jan 30, 2014
Nah. He's not lying guys. I just took a brief look over it this morning and saw that ad and assumed it was copied.

However, looking at the source of the demo given, the add is placed outside of the HTML content - which them shitty hosting sites do.

Sorry about that bro. Maybe try x10hosting for free hosting to get away from the ads :p
Thanks for backing me up and I will take a look at x10hosting later... It doesn't accept new registration from my country (Malaysia)

Last edited:

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Not bad, I'd recommend keeping the same overall width. By that I mean the top navigation should have the same width as the content, and shouldn't floating to the left. The "footer" should also be the same width, with the "about me" going to the left, and the social links going to the right. Also, why not put the slider content over the image at the top, as oppose to down below.

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
I really thought it was nice, and was about to comment untill I saw this:

facepalm.jpg

Dicks

Feb 9, 2014
If you're going to obviously rip something, at least have the decency not to claim all copyright. Please die in a fire.

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
If you're going to obviously rip something, at least have the decency not to claim all copyright. Please die in a fire.
Technically he didn't claim shit. He said he had created a website, but never said he designed it. But yes I agree it's stupid to ask for feedback on a design and not mention that he didn't make it.

Dicks

Feb 9, 2014
Technically he didn't claim shit. He said he had created a website, but never said he designed it. But yes I agree it's stupid to ask for feedback on a design and not mention that he didn't make it.
The owner of Metro-UI released his software under the MIT license.

Q5tAQwm.png

You can't claim copyright on MIT licensed content if you don't own it.

The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2012-2013 Sergey Pimenov

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
THE SOFTWARE.

Last edited:

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
He didn't create it. He copied and changed the content.
The owner of Metro-UI released his software under the MIT license.
%image%
You can't claim copyright on MIT licensed content if you don't own it.

I might have made myself hard to understand, due to my poor english, but what I ment is that he never said he had created the design, just a website - which, really, could mean setting it all up (in my mind). But I didn't pay attention to the "Copyright" part on his site. So I guess I was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread