[RANT] Proud to be British?

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
As title says I your British, are you proud to be British?

Anyway:
When the Olympics were on everyone on Facebook and in the news Etc were like 'omg I'm so proud to be British' this really got on my nerves, why are you proud to be British? Because we spent billions on the Olympics out of tax money? Or is it because some of our BRITISH Olympians weren't even born in Britain? For example Mo farah.

Also the 'recession' the government and media alway go on about a recession, there is NO recession it's all made up to make people spend, they use this as a scare tactic an half of the people believe it. If there's a recession then why are we sending billions over to Syria? Why do we send billions over to help fight gadafi etc

The tv licence, people are basically Forced to pay this and what, it's used to fund a paedophile ring, also known as the BBC

Another thing is immigration, the government is shit scared to do anything against religion, they let hundreds f thousands in and give them houses, jobs the lot. They plan on cutting this down down they won't and the new information saying immigrants will have to wait 5 years or more for benefit or housing, Bullshit

All I can think of at the moment lol

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Another thing is immigration, the government is shit scared to do anything against religion, they let hundreds f thousands in and give them houses, jobs the lot. They plan on cutting this down down they won't and the new information saying immigrants will have to wait 5 years or more for benefit or housing, Bullshit
To do with this point, how about we don't let 'em in? Why on earth should we give them our tax money so they can sit on their asses all day? They made a mistake in their country, they face the consequences.

But I'm not afraid to say I'm British, but I wouldn't go shouting it out in America for instance.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Some parts of society make me proud, others don't. Then again, I don't give a shit, I get on with my life etc etc.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
To do with this point, how about we don't let 'em in? Why on earth should we give them our tax money so they can sit on their asses all day? They made a mistake in their country, they face the consequences.

But I'm not afraid to say I'm British, but I wouldn't go shouting it out in America for instance.

It's because the government are scared not to let them in. They also benefit from letting half of them in through taxes etc,

I'm not afraid to say I'm British, ofcourse I am British..but like I said I'm not proud to be British especially because of shitty things like the Olympics

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
It's because the government are scared not to let them in. They also benefit from letting half of them in through taxes etc,

I'm not afraid to say I'm British, ofcourse I am British..but like I said I'm not proud to be British especially because of shitty things like the Olympics
Olympics was meant to make people proud of us.. What did we do? We had black guys winning it for us, all our money down the drain and stadiums being destroyed now it's over..

CallumL

Started from the bottom, now the all team here.
Nov 14, 2010
Yeah agree, the government is scared of religion. It's unfair that immigrants take out jobs etc. Really pisses me off.

Bleep

PHP - HTML - CSS - JAVA ✔
Oct 19, 2012
There are many things I love and many things I hate about the UK:
I hate:
Chavs
Gypsies (Deserve to be called Pikies)
Gangs
Immigrants
Community Support Officers

I love:
Most of the community
The history of the country
Individuality
Etc.

One thing I really don't like is the monarchy. I think we need to get rid of the kings and queens and let the parliament do their thing.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Proud to be what? There is no true British left, half of Britain is not even British. I would rather be American.

So my answer is no.

Trinix

Feb 1, 2013
Britain is full of foreigners now so British people are being extinct. Like eco said, I just get on with my own life.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Yeah I'm proud to be British. I like where I come from and I enjoy the habits that we Brit's have such as drinking copious amounts of alcohol, eating far too many donner kebabs and throwing up all over pavements after a night out.

On the other hand, to do with things like the London Olympics, I don't care where that was held. I had plenty of people posting over Facebook saying, "I'm proud to be British since we have the Olympics!" But seriously, who cares? It lasts for a couple of weeks then it's not spoken of again for 4 years.

Also, if you're on about immigrants and whatever, read the plans that David Cameron unveiled today, for once, I actually agree with that guy. They seem like good ideas.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Yeah I'm proud to be British. I like where I come from and I enjoy the habits that we Brit's have such as drinking copious amounts of alcohol, eating far too many donner kebabs and throwing up all over pavements after a night out.

On the other hand, to do with things like the London Olympics, I don't care where that was held. I had plenty of people posting over Facebook saying, "I'm proud to be British since we have the Olympics!" But seriously, who cares? It lasts for a couple of weeks then it's not spoken of again for 4 years.

Also, if you're on about immigrants and whatever, read the plans that David Cameron unveiled today, for once, I actually agree with that guy. They seem like good ideas.

Ha yeah these sorta things are good but my rant was mainly about the Olympics and immigration just thought I'd add more shit tho!

I'm also proud to be a Geordie! And not British

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
As title says I your British, are you proud to be British?

Anyway:
When the Olympics were on everyone on Facebook and in the news Etc were like 'omg I'm so proud to be British' this really got on my nerves, why are you proud to be British? Because we spent billions on the Olympics out of tax money? Or is it because some of our BRITISH Olympians weren't even born in Britain? For example Mo farah.
Although I don't agree entirely with the Mo Farah bit, I do agree that the Olympics were kinda a waste of our money. It was really extravagant.

Also the 'recession' the government and media alway go on about a recession, there is NO recession it's all made up to make people spend, they use this as a scare tactic an half of the people believe it. If there's a recession then why are we sending billions over to Syria? Why do we send billions over to help fight gadafi etc
This is funny cause they pump money into the rebels, but then, you hear stories of the government pumping money INTO the governments they're trying to overthrow. Colonialism at its finest.

The tv licence, people are basically Forced to pay this and what, it's used to fund a paedophile ring, also known as the BBC
Yeah, they haven't really prosecuted the BBC for covering this up. There's evidence to suggest THEY KNEW about it, yet they DID NOTHING for so many years.

All I can think of at the moment lol

I think everyone deserves the right to housing, but only if you contribute. If you're a benefit thief you should be arrested straightaway or deported (if you're from abroad)

Livar

Now 35% cooler!
Oct 15, 2010
New law coming out soon, Cameron even admitted to many immigrants aka Polskas, Bulgarians and Hungarians, there only allowing people who are actually desperate i.e say they have valid proof that they're being chased in another Country etc...

Users who are viewing this thread