Flash [R63] Point Hotel [New Hotel - Hiring]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanzRetros

Developer of ChakCMS
Jan 14, 2015

Hello Devbest.
This is an advert for my hotel called Point hotel which is now open. We are an R63 hotel using RevCMS which we have edited our selves (we still have more to edit but want your opinions) and Shamike's Gold Tree Emulator edit. As well as that, we have the latest SWF pack in which we updated ourselves.

Point hotel has many features which hotel's need like:
  • A working CMS;
  • Little to no lag;
  • A big catalogue (fully updated however is being organised at the moment);
  • Full DDoS protection;
The above is not all we have to offer or all that makes us different to a lot of hotels. What does is that we have no just had EpicHosts build us a hotel and we open it. We have worked hard as a team and actually edited and gathered files together.

Point hotel also has a wide range of staff and are looking for more.
Our staff team:
PointRyanz
- known as Ryanz on the hotel, is the hotel founder. He is a very young lad but knows a lot about retro's. He is also starting up a retro service to setup and fix other hotel, for a very cheap price. Ryan mainly pays the bills, does the catalogue and makes final decisions. He is also sorts out disputes between the staff (only ever had 2 and they both resulted in a firing/quitting of staff) and sometimes editing the CMS. As you may know, he is a Devbest fanatic and will release the catalogue when he has finished and start on one from scratch, just for Point.

@BaamSAM - Sam is the owner of Point hotel. He has been with us a few months now and has brought many ideas to Point. He has also taught me a lot enabling me to help him and Point to get to where we are now. I would describe Sam an enjoyable and kind hearted and so him and Ryan love banter. Sam mainly fixes bugs and does the CMS however he has recently started taking up graphics.

@Rei - Rei is our manager. He has been working with Ryan for about two years and is extremely loyal. Rei is what got Ryan into retro's and so they made a Hamachi called Pulse which they later made into Point (on a VPS). He is our graphics and SWF developer as well. All logo's and edits of SWF's etc are by him.

As well as having three great members of staff, we are hiring new ones. We are looking for friendly, active users who are willing to go out of their way for Point and are good at the role they would be employed to. So who are we hiring?
  • A Developer (or two). We are looking for a developer who has experience in the retro community and is good at coding PHP and HTML or C#. They must also be friendly to users and be online when needed. They may also have the odd job in the catalogue or something to do if Ryan needs the help.
  • Trial Moderators with the potential of Administrator or Moderator. All of our moderator's must be active and helpful as well as being well trained. This is why, here at Point, we do not always take the most experienced and obnoxious staff application but we choose one which reflects the users behaviour in the hotel. We do not promise anybody staff roles, but can definitely say that once you have got them, you will not be fired without a good reason. We are not going to hire every user like some hotels. We will hire when we feel we have the user count, when we have found someone who suits the role and when we feel it is the correct time.
  • Events Staff. Currently at Point hotel, we have no events staff and are looking for some active users who are willing to host events. Ryan, Sam and Rei will sometimes host them but they are usually rather busy, especially at the moment.
  • Interns. We are looking for some smooth talkers who can sort out little disputes and just help the moderators. This role requires you to watch out for users who are breaking the rules and try to deal with it. If however, you do not feel it is the correct thing for you to sort out, call a moderator or another member of staff.
Screenshots
Click for the screenshots. This includes our custom thank you's page by Sam.

Thank you for reading this and if you wish to know more, come down to Point hotel by using the domain or by clicking or you can ask questions here or via Skype. If you wish to add me, then search "spaceryanz".

Last edited:

Cameron

Jan 3, 2015
Just registered at this hotel to check it out, not a huge fan of the cms very messy and the tab colours etc are ugly.

Oct 11, 2014
- Kaneki, known as Rei on Point, is our manager. He has been working with Ryan for about two years and is extremely loyal. Rei is what got Ryan into retro's and so they made a Hamachi called Pulse which they later made into Point (on a VPS). He is our graphics and SWF developer as well. All logo's and edits of SWF's etc are by him.
Changed my Devbest name into Rei.

Jan 21, 2012
  • VIP Shop is just a white page
  • Rare values empty
  • - I Dont Get Why You Put A Capital At Every Word Like This
  • Looks messy in my opinion
  • Broken Image
Just some of what I found, Emu was offline, so Couldn't judge that. But R63 are normally the same, boring.
I'd like to see you develop something like an R63B Hotel.

RyanzRetros

Developer of ChakCMS
Jan 14, 2015
  • VIP Shop is just a white page
  • Rare values empty
  • - I Dont Get Why You Put A Capital At Every Word Like This
  • Looks messy in my opinion
  • Broken Image
Just some of what I found, Emu was offline, so Couldn't judge that. But R63 are normally the same, boring.
I'd like to see you develop something like an R63B Hotel.

I was trying to remove an exploit (explains white VIP page) but am also still working on them. The rare values is being deleted and restarted. Rest, thanks for the opinion Marley. I will take them in. And I do not wish to make a R63b.

Please close this thread after our VPS has been suspended due to our new developer performed a DDoS attack from it. This has lead to me getting done by the police and so for that reason, am quitting retros.

Cameron

Jan 3, 2015
Well, that's a shame but it wasn't really going anywhere goodluck in the future though.

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
Thanks, we had hit 14 users online within 48 hours and page 3 on retrolist, but yeh, we opened to early...
It's a shame that, you would think you would only need DDoS protection coming in, not going out.. best of luck.

MiamiH8T

May 6, 2012
Point Hotel has moved, we're opening a new retro and it's under development. Join the forums meanwhile at: repiahotel.com

MiamiH8T

May 6, 2012
Me and Ryanz are working on our own hotel, and I am me, we have moved ask ryanz himself.

MiamiH8T

May 6, 2012
We're working on one ATM, but we won't release it that early like point did. We're going to take take time and make the hotel as perfect as possible. For now we have a xenforo forum which we'll let users get their staff ranks early ( by applying) before the hotel release date.

RyanzRetros

Developer of ChakCMS
Jan 14, 2015
Erm.... No, I am doing development (PAID) for @MiamiH8T It has nothing to do with Point. The people that NEED to know the reasons behind this, have been told, for example @BaamSAM I did quit retro's but felt like I was a nothing and so went back into developing. I am not doing management or anything for hotels, just paid development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread