[Quick Tips] Jays Help Guide

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Hey Devbest! I thought I would release some really cool tips that might improve your hotel! These tips are mainly for newer hotels but they are still useful!

Tip 1: Author for news!
Code:
This is for NAVICAT!
Go into your database and find the table cms_news
Right click and go to Design Table
[IMG]
Then find the "author" column and change "INT" to Varchar"
[IMG]

Tip 2: Enabling Points
Code:
In your external variables find the line:
"purse.widget.currency.shells.enabled=0"
and change it to
"purse.widget.currency.shells.enabled=1"

Tip 3: Redeemable Vouchers
Code:
In your database there is a section called "Vouchers"
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/U0DRN3N.png[/IMG] 
This can be used to create a CODE redeemable for credits pixels or points!
Redeem the code here:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Vw94TD1.png[/IMG]
Have you ever wanted to change a word in your client? Most of it can be found in external variables, sometimes can be found in your external flash texts!
Tip 4: Changing Badge Name/Description
Code:
All badge names and descriptions can be found under External Flash Texts! If you are adding a badge you would put in (any line)

Name:
badge_name_BADGECODE=Put Anything Here

Description:
badge_desc_BADGECODE=Put Anything Here

Tip 5: Reading PMS!!
Code:
Ever want to read PM's but you thought it was impossible? WRONG! Under command logs just search for <PM TO (username)> and you will find whoever sent that user a PM!

Tip 6: Word Filter
Code:
Ever wanted it so users couldn't say a word or a link? Simply add it to your wordfilter in database!
It will look like this:
[IMG]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/265/tz50.png[/IMG]

Tip 7: Fixing Wired!!!!!?!?!?
Code:
THAT IS RIGHT! I am going to release HOW TO FIX WIRED ON HABBO RETROS

In your furniture table there is a column called
"Interaction Type"
Change this to whatever is the closest thing to the wired name!

Example:
Effect to match furniture --> match_snapshot

Wired furniture you can't fix:
- More time then (Condition)
- Less time then (Condition)
- Match Furniture (CONDITION)

and maybe a few others but I know those for sure! ENJOY THIS FIX!

Like + Rate + Follow :) Might release some more if I can think of any

Last edited:

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
That's the design table, you don't want to change nothing in the design table, you want to change the actual value in the database

Pro

Insane in the midbrain.
Oct 14, 2010
This has been posted already by Rastaberry so this is not much of a usefull thread.

You should check first whether there's a post like this or not before you're actually gonna post because that's the mistake that everyone makes these days.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
This has been posted already by Rastaberry so this is not much of a usefull thread.

You should check first whether there's a post like this or not before you're actually gonna post because that's the mistake that everyone makes these days.
Like to post please?

and you change it in your database , the actual values

Pro

Insane in the midbrain.
Oct 14, 2010
No I'm not going to like the thread it's been posted many times and there's nothing new added to this thread so in my opinion it's not like-worth.

Anyway good try keep it up.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
No I'm not going to like the thread it's been posted many times and there's nothing new added to this thread so in my opinion it's not like-worth.

Anyway good try keep it up.
This thread was posted over 2 months ago lmfao... so I don't know what you are trying to get at but thanks

And I said "Like to post please?"
Post the link to the thread of that guys, thanks.

Pro

Insane in the midbrain.
Oct 14, 2010
I hope that you don't need to wear glasses because as I've said before: There's been a thousand threads on how to get this fixed months before you've posted yours so it's nothing new so again that's the reason why I don't think that it's worth to be liked and what not because it's a timewaster to make a thread that already exists.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I hope that you don't need to wear glasses because as I've said before: There's been a thousand threads on how to get this fixed months before you've posted yours so it's nothing new so again that's the reason why I don't think that it's worth to be liked and what not because it's a timewaster to make a thread that already exists.
Okay I don't care if posts where done before this I couldn't find any I had to learn by myself how to fix it and I thought it would be helpful if I released a bunch of tips for people who don't know how or people who are new to habbo retros, so if your going to be a hater you can go back to whatever the fuck forum you came from and stop being such an ass, these are tricks i learned myself and I thought other people would like to know regardless if they are posted before who the fuck cares its more resources to help. Get off my thread if your just going to complain and bitch

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Um Helpp?
StreetMoney you need to update the values in the database.. SO you double click the table (If you are in navicat which I believe you are) and you scroll over to the column that says it and you change the interactiontype to what it is suppose to be

Pro

Insane in the midbrain.
Oct 14, 2010
One:

You should stop acting like a complete fool: It's good that you're trying to help people with this but as I've said before and I'm not going to constant repeat myself it's been posted before and if you would just take a look at the rules: Content that have already been posted and is being posted again after that will be closed so that means easily that your thread will be closed because it's been posted before.

Two:

The whole part where you said that you've learnt this on your own is non-sense and I'm not even going to put any more words in it because it's just simply not true because the fix was there way before you joined Devbest and you are not the creator of any of these fixes as far as my knowledge goes.

Three:

No I'm not going anywhere. You should check out the Habbo rules before your going to make any rude comments against me because you know that I'm right here. And even though I appreciate your input for this I don't appreciate this language neither the rude way that you're talking to me. and I'm not going to do anything for a little boy like you so you should just get used to this instead.

@Sledmore Maybe you're able to do something with this thread along with his rude comments.

Users who are viewing this thread