[Question] Approximately, how much does it cost to run a Habbo Retro

Blueoptic

Time Is Money
Jun 23, 2014
I want to know approximately how much does it cost to make a good retro. I have always been fond of retro's, wanted to make some then kept getting blocked by my norton crap, and other anti blockery programs, even after I disabled them. It doesn't matter anyways. But even that holding me back, I still have/had no idea how to create one.

I just want to know what it would cost to host my own domain (good)
A Forums
and all the accesories needed.

I'm asking to only know from all the underage kids on how do they easily host one..

-----------------------
And no, im not going to pay someone to create me one. It was just a question.

>REQUEST TO MOVE TOPIC TO THE RIGHT SECTION<

Last edited:

Janzeer

Headmaster Of Hogwart's
Apr 30, 2012
Normally it all depends on how well you want to start your retro, as there are various vps packages starting from $10-12 until $30++. But if you want a good retro with not being so cheapskate and not being so grand, it would probably cost about $25 which includes domain and vps. There are things you can purchase like a larger vps, paid cloudfare and so on. But it all depends on how much you would want to spend, i would say a good retro can be owned starting from $25 if you know what to do. P.S; Wrong section buddy! :p

Blueoptic

Time Is Money
Jun 23, 2014
Normally it all depends on how well you want to start your retro, as there are various vps packages starting from $10-12 until $30++. But if you want a good retro with not being so cheapskate and not being so grand, it would probably cost about $25 which includes domain and vps. There are things you can purchase like a larger vps, paid cloudfare and so on. But it all depends on how much you would want to spend, i would say a good retro can be owned starting from $25 if you know what to do. P.S; Wrong section buddy! :p

This all counts towards Monthly right? And thanks for the response. That was helpful.

Janzeer

Headmaster Of Hogwart's
Apr 30, 2012
This all counts towards Monthly right? And thanks for the response. That was helpful.
Not everything counts on Monthly, probably VPS and if you wanna get proxy then proxy would count monthly about $20. Other than that you your domain would be yearly and you could get free basic ddos protection too! :)

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Here is how I would probably lay it out:

VPS - Don't go any lower then the small ($12-15/month)
Proxy - You should get both a TCP and HTTP to be highly protected ($4/$8 Total: $12/month)
Cloudflare - Free unless you pay to have it setup but its really easy to get setup. (Setup cost: $5 thru XZ Networks)

Some good hosts:
xznetworks.com
hostsavor.com

Monthly Cost:
Anywhere from $25 - $30

Ideas to get your hotel going:
- Bring friends, and don't just spam advertising. Usually those users won't stay and they will just end up leaving and you'll eventually have less users then what you started with advertising.
- Get features. Lots of them. Be unique, but don't just overcrowd the CMS you want features in client too. Work on getting those tradeable clothes.
- Have LITTLE to NO bugs
- Be Active
- Don't have too much staff. 1-2 Staff per 20 users

Users who are viewing this thread