Publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adem

Aug 8, 2012
Hey guys,
Let's say once you finish coding/making a website and its on your pc (desktop/htdocs) and can only be seen through localhost or w.e your site direct is linked with ur pc, how would I make it live for everyone to see?
Please help.

Thanks.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
If i get webhosting or a vps, how do I give them the website? how would they upload my files? do they like ask for it or something ?
You upload your files yourself. Web hosting is through the browser, VPS is through Remote Desktop Connection.

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
With a VPS you can connection via Remote Desktop Connection, this program is included in Windows, and can be downloaded on OS X.
Webhosting will usually come with something called FTP Access, the details for this can usually be found on your welcome email or webhosting panel, with this you can download an FTP program, most commonly Filezilla and connect to your sites directory, from here you can set-up your website :)
As for linking to a domain you will need to purchase a domain and change the NS to a site like cloudflare to connect directly to your VPS or change the nameservers to your Webhosting ones, again they're usually found on your panel.

If you require any more help after this, feel free to contact me :)

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
With a VPS you can connection via Remote Desktop Connection, this program is included in Windows, and can be downloaded on OS X.
Webhosting will usually come with something called FTP Access, the details for this can usually be found on your welcome email or webhosting panel, with this you can download an FTP program, most commonly Filezilla and connect to your sites directory, from here you can set-up your website :)
As for linking to a domain you will need to purchase a domain and change the NS to a site like cloudflare to connect directly to your VPS or change the nameservers to your Webhosting ones, again they're usually found on your panel.

If you require any more help after this, feel free to contact me :)
With a Windows VPS you can connection via Remote Desktop Connection

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
With a Windows VPS you can connection via Remote Desktop Connection
Of course, I forgot to say so.
However if you're on linux you'll need to install Apache Web Server (you can find countless tutorials online) and then connect again with Filezilla with protocol sftp://

Adem

Aug 8, 2012
I've registered a domain name (godaddy), and I've gotten a webhost from a different company, both the domain and webhost link to the same url/domain (w.e u wanna call it), are they now connected? or how would I connect my webhost with the domain name? The webhost provider tells me I need to wait 24-72 hours till it becomes online, if I wait and upload my content to the C-Panel, is that it? Because right now when you go on the website, the godaddy comes up telling me I need to put my website to work with their webhost.

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Close thread.. all I had to do was connect the nameservers.. lol.

Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread