Proxy - Players all have same IP

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Hello DB,
Recently I enabled Athena Layer's protection on my site, and ever since, they all have the same IP. I also have a TCP Proxy from them as well which I recently bought, and the client loads fine. But everyone's IP is the same, which I think is caused by the HTTP Proxy.

A user on RZ, told me to add this to me config but there was no change or anything.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks,

Edited post for a better understanding.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Hello DB,
Recently I enabled Athena Layer's protection on my site, and ever since, they all have the same IP. I also have a TCP Proxy from them as well which I recently bought, and the client loads fine. But everyone's IP is the same, which I think is caused by the HTTP Proxy.

A user on RZ, told me to add this to me config but there was no change or anything.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks,

Edited post for a better understanding.
That's what a proxy does.

SectionArmy

Feb 7, 2016
That's down to your connection being slow lol CF will work fine i've got over 350+ registered using cf and they all have different IP's (Their real IP's) so obviouly it works better than Athena Layer...

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
That's down to your connection being slow lol CF will work fine i've got over 350+ registered using cf and they all have different IP's (Their real IP's) so obviouly it works better than Athena Layer...
My connection slow? Fibre Optic connection isn't slow... 600 down and up.

SectionArmy

Feb 7, 2016
Your average D/L speed is to your local server so o that server may be fastt but in reality it probably drop to around 50-60 when connecting to a larger further away server, the location can of course vary, however that i off topic, use CF and you'll be fine.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Your average D/L speed is to your local server so o that server may be fastt but in reality it probably drop to around 50-60 when connecting to a larger further away server, the location can of course vary, however that i off topic, use CF and you'll be fine.
Alright, I will test out cloudflare, thanks bud.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
You can use AthenaLayer with CloudFlare. Are you talking about the IP on the webserver or the IP that shows client side?
Both, when a user would register they'd have Athena's IP and in the client they would too, switched to Cloudflare and it fixed the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread