[Project] [Personal Portfolio] [PHP] [MySQLi Prep. Stmt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaidenX

Jun 30, 2012
The title says all code related shit. For my coding structure, there is a snippet below: (I am not leaking any of my code only a structure will be posted).

Code:
<?php
$mysqli = new mysqli("host", "username", "password", "db");

if(isset($_POST['something'])) {
    $stmt = $mysqli->prepare("SELECT something FROM somewhere WHERE something=?");
    $stmt->bind_param('s', $something);
    $stmt->execute();
    // do some shit
}
?>

I also have a few screenshots of my project, I think my project is not perfect, and I want to make it the best possible, it's basically my basic portfolio with a blogging system. Plus, would switching to OOP PHP help to process all tasks quicker? Plus here's the screens:

Login Page:
tbd4.png

Splash Page:
qykHrnP.png

Last edited:

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
So, what exactly is this? Is it a system for people to use on their portfolio or is it just for you?
If it is a CMS-like system or whatever, try posting a few features etc.

Edit: I'll give you some feedback on your design so far..

• If it's a personal portfolio why are you adding a login/registration system? Unless you're a super-interesting guy, no one is going to register without being told to do so..
  • Rethink your color-scheme, the blue gives it an 'out-dated' feel, maybe try using this blue instead: #2980b9
  • A portfolio is there to tell people about yourself and to give them an insight into how and what you work with - pictures of past work and blocks of information about you will help achieve this. You have none. Maybe try adding a little more info on the homepage along with some smaller pictures
  • The footer's fairly big, maybe decrease the hight of it and make the text a little smaller - footers aren't supposed to stand out dramatically.
It's not exactly a bad design, there are a just a few small tweaks that could help improve it. Keep playing around with the design and see what you can come up with. Keep it up and good luck. Post an update if you decide to edit of the design features.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread