Programming languages.

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
So, The title says it all, State your reviews upon which programming language is best, Why? Pro's and Con's

You've got following choices; Python, Java, Perl, Ruby, PHP, C#

Personally, speaking. I hate C# because of that ".NET"framework which has to run on windows no matter what.

I love Java, Yes. but anyway feel free to state your opinions and pro's and con's. :)

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
There is not *best* programming languages, there are just some programming languages that are *best* at doing certain things. And honestly, even still it all depends on who's the programmer.

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
There is not *best* programming languages, there are just some programming languages that are *best* at doing certain things. And honestly, even still it all depends on who's the programmer.
To be honest, there are tons of them but I picked the ones, Which were on TOP 10 list by TIOBE , And I know it depends on whose coding it, But which one would be better in your case, If it were you who had to pick one and what not.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
"which has to run on windows no matter what."

Not true. I've gotten all my projects working with MonoDevelop.

Dicks

Feb 9, 2014
This thread is irrelevant since you can't compare a language like PHP to Python, but I guess that's customary for a habtard forum.

Anyways, for programming and web development, Python 100%.

Last edited:

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
So, The title says it all, State your reviews upon which programming language is best, Why? Pro's and Con's

You've got following choices; Python, Java, Perl, Ruby, PHP, C#

Personally, speaking. I hate C# because of that ".NET"framework which has to run on windows no matter what.

I love Java, Yes. but anyway feel free to state your opinions and pro's and con's. :)
Java is just as portable as C#. Both are open standards that can be implemented on any platform.

My favourite out of those is probably Python.. or Java.

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
This thread is irrelevant since you can't compare a language like PHP to Python, but I guess that's customary for a habtard forum.

Just google this question and you'll see 900 sites talking about it noob.

My favourite by far is PHP.
I knew that mark
Java is just as portable as C#. Both are open standards that can be implemented on any platform.

My favourite out of those is probably Python.. or Java.
I love java too.

Sway

Ruby and Python are married.
Dec 19, 2010

Can someone please tell me why you couldn't compare PHP to Python? There's a boatload of discussions and debates comparing these two languages in the real world.

I would choose Ruby as my favorite because it's really really flexible and then I'd choose Python because it allows me to create quality code very quickly.

shor

Feb 16, 2014
I've used many programming languages so far: C, C++, D, Go, Python, Ruby, PHP, Java, C#, Haskell and probably some i forgot.
My favorites:
  • C — fast, powerful, runs on nearly every platform.
  • D — fast, powerful, safe, beautiful syntax, convenient, what C++ should have been, sadly it's pretty new so it does not have many libraries.
  • Ruby — nice syntax, fun to work with, awesome package manager.
  • C# — pretty fast and powerful, beautiful syntax, awesome language features, what Java should have been, sadly made by Microsoft.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I've used many programming languages so far: C, C++, D, Go, Python, Ruby, PHP, Java, C#, Haskell and probably some i forgot.
My favorites:
  • C — fast, powerful, runs on nearly every platform.
  • D — fast, powerful, safe, beautiful syntax, convenient, what C++ should have been, sadly it's pretty new so it does not have many libraries.
  • Ruby — nice syntax, fun to work with, awesome package manager.
  • C# — pretty fast and powerful, beautiful syntax, awesome language features, what Java should have been, sadly made by Microsoft.

D isn't new, it's been around 2001, which is 1 year older than C#. I'm guessing it's just underrated which is why there isn't many libraries.

shor

Feb 16, 2014
D isn't new, it's been around 2001, which is 1 year older than C#. I'm guessing it's just underrated which is why there isn't many libraries.
C# 1.0 was released 2002, D 1.0 was released 2007. Only one guy worked on it, so development was a lot slower.
Also, you're right, it is underrated, but it's .

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Id say PHP just because of the huge community.
Pros:
  • Available on virtually every operating system unlike c#(.net)
  • OO and Procedural programming is welcomed.
  • Again HUGE community
Cons:
  • Its hard to write an application that can be ran on different web servers ex: apache, llighttpd and windows IIS.
  • IDK....
i found this too:

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
C# 1.0 was released 2002, D 1.0 was released 2007. Only one guy worked on it, so development was a lot slower.
Also, you're right, it is underrated, but it's .
D was initially released at the end of 2001. D is also not underrated, it's just nothing special. There are more powerful programming languages with better standard libraries than D.

Users who are viewing this thread