Problem: Making connection with my WiFi

Mastah

the funny thing is \r\n i did
Oct 25, 2010
The problem:

I've recently installed Windows 7 on my computer, now the problem is that when I'm trying to connect to my WiFi connection that it's asking me for a security code or for a security key which I don't know a single thing about. Now I've tried looking in to the router at the WLAN section in my router and it gave two codes but they didn't work at all and I've tried my WiFi password and that didn't work either.

I'm now posting via my WiFi from my iPhone my celluar connection so I'm just hoping that you guys are able to help me out! Thanks in so much advance!

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
The SSID is the network you connect to, check the password in the router, and use that password to connect using the KEY. Otherwise there also might be a security code somewhere on a sticker on your router. Try googling your router to find more information.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
The SSID is the network you connect to, check the password in the router, and use that password to connect using the KEY. Otherwise there also might be a security code somewhere on a sticker on your router. Try googling your router to find more information.
yes, and if this don't work there's a reset button on almost every router, you need a pin needle to hit it. And it will reset to factory settings.
v7AYdO7.png

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Do you have an Ethernet cable?

Directly plug a computer into it, find the gateway IP to the router, enter it into the URL bar, enter "admin" for both username and password, that's usually the default, and then go to WiFi Security or something and it will show the password.

Users who are viewing this thread