Posting ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adidas

Retro Developer
May 6, 2012
Posting ranks like for every so many posts you get a rank.
Example:
1 post= Newbie
30 posts= Keeper
2,000 posts= Dedicated User
20,000= Maybe high roller Sub?

I like this idea very much. Tell me what you think?

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Posting ranks like for every so many posts you get a rank.
Example:
1 post= Newbie
30 posts= Keeper
2,000 posts= Dedicated User
20,000= Maybe high roller Sub?

I like this idea very much. Tell me what you think?
of course you like the idea, you came up with it.

There needs to be more inbetween imo. But its already been suggested before many of times.

Adidas

Retro Developer
May 6, 2012
of course you like the idea, you came up with it.

There needs to be more inbetween imo. But its already been suggested before many of times.

Those were just some examples some others like Posting Freak, Crazy Poster, and such. Didn't wanna do like 30 :p

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Those were just some examples some others like Posting Freak, Crazy Poster, and such. Didn't wanna do like 30 :p
well adding 30 contributing to the idea, meaning if the idea does get implemented, there will already be potential ideas.
The reason there hasnt been many ranks is simply due to the fact people are suggesting this idea, yet they dont give any ideas for ranks.
So by giving rank ideas it saves brain power for other things

Adidas

Retro Developer
May 6, 2012
Okay then here are the ones I can think of:
Post freak
Keeper
High Roller
Poster
Dedicated Poster
Official member
Beginning poster
Posting Knight
Mini-Poster
Mega-poster
Posting Machine
King Poster
God Poster
Mega God Poster
Legend
VIP
Dev Poster
all I can think of at the moment. :up:

iPod.

Nov 21, 2011
Plus....

Legend Poster
+
King Of Posting

EDIT:

Didn't know you had King Poster on there sorry.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I dont really think it will benefit the forum, as-in there will be no point.

We already have the trophy/points shit.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Divine. This should be the highest posting rank, something reaching to 30,000 posts? If you get Divine you get access to the Secret Lair (like how Posting Freak like us do) and unlocks the custom user title. I don't know if it's appropriate for them to get Username Change option on the Account settings but we'll like the idea since 30,000 posts are much and yet most of the high-posting members only reach maximum of 2,588 ( ), as of today.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I think this is pointless, nobody is near 30,000 posts so why are you talking about it?
I also pay for sub to edit my user title, I don't want everyone have a different user title based on their post count.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
I think this is pointless, nobody is near 30,000 posts so why are you talking about it?
I also pay for sub to edit my user title, I don't want everyone have a different user title based on their post count.
I know, it's far way off so unlocking the full features of the forum might be alright? It will take ages I guess. Or reduce it? Up to anyway, and it was a mere suggestion so I guess my suggestion is still a flop. As other forums reaching 4,000 is the highest.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I don't really see the need for a new rank at this current moment, as the only people with a high amount of posts are staff.

If anything, the next rank will be at 1,500 posts and then probably not another until 3,000, and so on.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
this type of stuff brings alot of spam and useless posts.
Not unless we do not aim for it and suprisingly gets it.

I don't really see the need for a new rank at this current moment, as the only people with a high amount of posts are staff.

If anything, the next rank will be at 1,500 posts and then probably not another until 3,000, and so on.
If ever you're planning with the next rank, would it color like the posting freaks and what will they get unlocked? Reached 1,700 posts unexpectedly.

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
Not unless we do not aim for it and suprisingly gets it.
In forums, most people don't "surprisingly" reach a number of posts.

Thanks/likes, reputation and post rankings are among things that brings spam on a forum because people get a hard on over their e-fame. Maybe not you, but alot of people yes. That's why having only thanks is a good thing and I don't see a positive side of having posting ranks.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
In forums, most people don't "surprisingly" reach a number of posts.

Thanks/likes, reputation and post rankings are among things that brings spam on a forum because people get a hard on over their e-fame. Maybe not you, but alot of people yes. That's why having only thanks is a good thing and I don't see a positive side of having posting ranks.
Posting ranks are like bit 'rewards' in what I can see for being 'helpful' around the community and participating on different user-initiated discussions. However you got a point that it may start users to post non-sense, there is a 'Report' button then bam the authority will do what is appropriate to do so.

I'm still agreeing to have few more posting ranks, but not with the 10 post then 30? 'Cause here are the current ones I know:
  • Posting Freak

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Don't see the point in new ranks, people'll just start spamming.

That's what we're here for, suggestions would still be nice. The other hand is right we don't really need them at the moment. Couple of months back I did suggest a contribute rank for those who join in events and help other members out (known as well committed members on the forums) If we could make member ranks like that then each rank could differ and actually mean something. Instead of the boring Silver, Gold etc..

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
That's what we're here for, suggestions would still be nice. The other hand is right we don't really need them at the moment. Couple of months back I did suggest a contribute rank for those who join in events and help other members out (known as well committed members on the forums) If we could make member ranks like that then each rank could differ and actually mean something. Instead of the boring Silver, Gold etc..
Yah, we shouldn't only base on post but also on activity, participation and such.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Thread closed, lets look back when everyone is peaking at 3,000. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread