Portfolio work presentation

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
So I want to make the way you view my web development work on my portfolio a lot better. I'd like to so that when you click on a thumbnail ( ) it takes you to a new page displaying an image and information about the project and maybe even a download button. So depending on what one you click it will take you to a page showing information about that specific project. Instead of making a new page for every project is there a better and easier way to do this?

Would it require some sort of PhP? I have no clue how to tackle this issue so thanks to anyone who can help or point me in the right direction.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Use PHP and either have a database or an array of projects but you'll have to have a multidimensional array

Take the database option.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I do a similar thing to what you need. However it's more of a case study sort of system. Although mine is pure HTML/CSS which I just overwrite each time I want to update or add a new study.

Sure this is a slower process but I don't plan on adding new cases often so I'm fine with doing it manually.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
I do a similar thing to what you need. However it's more of a case study sort of system. Although mine is pure HTML/CSS which I just overwrite each time I want to update or add a new study.

Sure this is a slower process but I don't plan on adding new cases often so I'm fine with doing it manually.
I would do this but there seems to be a better way with PhP as Markshall said. Just have no idea how to do it haha

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I would do this but there seems to be a better way with PhP as Markshall said. Just have no idea how to do it haha
It probably is better with php in the long run but for ease at the time I kept to doing it manually - saves writing a script, setting up a database and so on. If you can get a script done though, go for it :)

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
It probably is better with php in the long run but for ease at the time I kept to doing it manually - saves writing a script, setting up a database and so on. If you can get a script done though, go for it :)
Might do a simple HTML & CSS template in the meantime.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
I took the HTML and CSS path for now. I have currently done one of my projects.

Not fully mobile friendly yet but working on that. Going to be implementing it with all of my projects within the next week or so.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I think on your portfolio you need to make it look more professional. It says you are aiming for "clean, modern and responsive designs" yet all the text on all the pages do the same thing, they all shake. It's kinda annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread