[POLL] What is your favorite platform?

What type of user are you? Windows, Mac, Linux or other.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
What type of user are you? Windows, Mac, Linux or other.

Also, feel free to reply to the thread detailing why you use the platform you do, I'll start. I'm a Mac user, I use the mac platform because it's intuitive, fast, easy-to-use and the hardware looks really nice.

Sals

Actions speak louder than words
Mar 23, 2011
Linux, no doubt about it.
Maybe not as user friendly as windows, but open-source, and fucking amazing.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Depends on what you're using it for.

If you're using it as an everyday OS to get things done, I'd say Mac OS. Why? It is secure, efficient (unless you play games), easy to navigate (where Windows is quite a mess when it comes to settings), stable, etc.

Although if I wanted an OS for hosting something, I'd definitely pick linux.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Eh, I would say Windows & whatever Chromebook is running on.
Chromebook runs Chrome OS, which is basically just the Google Chrome browser, with a few additions for storing minimal content, and logging into the system. I really can't see how anyone would say Chrome OS is a competitor, as any OS (for the most part) can run Google Chrome.

MarMigs

I rock :D
Dec 3, 2010
Windows for personal use.

Linux for personal use and servers :D

Mac for video and audio editing.

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
I would prefer Mac, as everything is easy, hands-on, and the company "Apple", is innovative, so I am a Mac, ;D.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Linux
  1. Easy to use (pick the right distro)
  2. Full of features
  3. Very powerful built in applications (GEdit is one example)
  4. Secure (not like Windows)
  5. Fluid and lightweight
  6. Open-source (customizable if you know what you're doing)
  7. Wide range of applications
  8. Powerful for developing applications in C, C++, Java
  9. Java runs a lot better (from personal experience)
  10. Most software open sourced and free
I prefer Linux, Mac OSX is a simplified OS built from the same Unix kernel.
If I could, I'd buy a Mac for video editing and multimedia, and have a Linux/Windows PC for programming and gaming.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
I Personally chose both Windows and Linux. I use Linux for certain things like hosting and experimenting (why not?). I like Windows for all of my everyday use things: programming, gaming, web browsing, and all my other needs. If I were to need professional video/audio editing I would purchase a Mac.

Basil Ali

Aug 15, 2011
Windows:

Only because almost every program works with Windows, you don't have a lot of limits, unlike Mac OS. Although Linux has no limits, but in the end kind of unsafe. Unless you're not an idiot and can secure your own computer. ;) To be honest it's really about who the user is, Mac OS is for generally the people who need a lot of security and are new to computers. My grandmother has a Mac, she doesn't know a single thing about a computer. Her Mac helped her out and kept her safe on the internet. I, am a Windows user because I am a well rounded user, I love my games, editing movies, creating and build websites, programming, and watching movies. Which is one of the reasons why Windows is the most world wide used Operating System and that it's cheap when you buy a computer with it. Compared to buying a Mac OS computer with a Windows OS computer, Same specs, Windows, $600, Mac, $1,100! Linux is SEXY with servers and just giving you unlimited boundaries. You could do whatever you could imagine, programming wise.

Anyways for an all around user like me, Windows is for me.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Windows:

Only because almost every program works with Windows, you don't have a lot of limits, unlike Mac OS. Although Linux has no limits, but in the end kind of unsafe. Unless you're not an idiot and can secure your own computer. ;) To be honest it's really about who the user is, Mac OS is for generally the people who need a lot of security and are new to computers. My grandmother has a Mac, she doesn't know a single thing about a computer. Her Mac helped her out and kept her safe on the internet. I, am a Windows user because I am a well rounded user, I love my games, editing movies, creating and build websites, programming, and watching movies. Which is one of the reasons why Windows is the most world wide used Operating System and that it's cheap when you buy a computer with it. Compared to buying a Mac OS computer with a Windows OS computer, Same specs, Windows, $600, Mac, $1,100! Linux is SEXY with servers and just giving you unlimited boundaries. You could do whatever you could imagine, programming wise.

Anyways for an all around user like me, Windows is for me.
You sir, have got it wrong.
Linux/Mac are based off the same Unix kernel, which is a helluva lot more secure than the kernel Windows uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread