PlusEMU VIP Catalog

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Hi,
Whenever I try to make it so rank_vip 1 can view "Bronze" under the "VIP" tab, they end up being able to view all the VIP categories such as Bronze, Silver, Gold. The "rank_vip" doesn't want to seem to work when setting it in the database.

Any ideas on how fix?

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Your ranks have to be in order of the catalog.. Meaning if you have "Gold VIP" above "Bronze VIP" , I believe they have access to Gold, Silver and Bronze (At least thats how it was in R63A. I always kept them in order from that point forward)

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Your ranks have to be in order of the catalog.. Meaning if you have "Gold VIP" above "Bronze VIP" , I believe they have access to Gold, Silver and Bronze (At least thats how it was in R63A. I always kept them in order from that point forward)
So there's no way to do it the way I was doing? Pretty sure boon does it the way I'm talking about..

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I think he means the id and order_id

For example make the id and order_id get bigger as it gets bigger in the catalogue.
ID 1, Bronze VIP, rank_vip 1, order_id 1
ID 2, Silver VIP, rank_vip 2, order_id 2
ID 3, Gold VIP, rank_vip 3, order_id 3

Make sure to :update catalogue - this should give people with different rank_vip access to the different catalogue pages. (Been a while since I've looked at a R63B database) :p

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
I think he means the id and order_id

For example make the id and order_id get bigger as it gets bigger in the catalogue.
ID 1, Bronze VIP, rank_vip 1, order_id 1
ID 2, Silver VIP, rank_vip 2, order_id 2
ID 3, Gold VIP, rank_vip 3, order_id 3

Make sure to :update catalogue - this should give people with different rank_vip access to the different catalogue pages. (Been a while since I've looked at a R63B database) :p
You must be registered for see images attach

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Nope, rank_vip 1 can view all VIP sections (bronze, silver, gold)

Yup, even if I put VIP rank 4 (which doesn't exist) rank vip 1 will still be able to view it.
This doesn't make such sense since in Sledmore's original release it works fine? Have you altered any permissions or again, is there any categories after the VIP sections which all ranks can access?

Mikee

Jul 8, 2017
What is the default vip in the users table? Are you sure that all your users arent simply ranked 100 in the vip section of the users table

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
By default users are given rank_vip 3 if you haven't edited Sledmore's original release. Didn't ask because I thought it would be a stupid question, plus when checking by changing ranks.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
What is the default vip in the users table? Are you sure that all your users arent simply ranked 100 in the vip section of the users table
The default is 0, they are all ranked 0, except the VIPs

By default users are given rank_vip 3 if you haven't edited Sledmore's original release. Didn't ask because I thought it would be a stupid question, plus when checking by changing ranks.
As said in the quote above, it’s changed to default 0. Not sure if that’s an issue or not, but I did it before on an old emulator.

So I found the issue, anyone above rank 1 has VIP catalog automatically, anyway to fix that?

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
That's weird, have you changed anything in the emulator that could effect this or have you changed any permissions?

Edit: I can't remember if the mod_tools override the VIP ranks or something, I doubt it but it sounds like that's what's happening. (Haven't worked with anything retro related in at least a year :p)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread