[PlusEMU] Disabling Packetloggers

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
How would I go about disabling packetloggers? Such as Tanji, etc, I'm sure there are more, but most don't work these days, but Tanji still works, especially on retros. PeakRP has a detector for Tanji, I know from testing it.
@Haid @Damien

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
It's impossible to block packet loggers permanently. You're better off investing more time sanitising the data that gets sent from the client, rather than trying to block the use of these applications. I've posted various fixes for some of them. But just check over all the incoming events and just make sure you have checks for all the data that's getting sent from the client.

Example: does the item id exist? is the room category legit? is the room name legit, does it contain null or white spaces?

Just look at the data and think about how it can be altered. With proper checks you can really limit what people can do with these injection tools.

Daltron

Web Developer
Aug 6, 2015
Pretty sure the R2 version of Plus has Tanji blocked, especially for duplicating credits, pretty sure @Damien released the fix over 2 years ago.
Tanji still works on plus emu r2, but it blocks the amount of packets you can send via scheduler unlike habbo.
Like let's say you want to wave, sit, hold a sign, and dance. If you have the packets running at to fast of a rate it will D/C you.
I'm unsure if it is plus emu that is disconnecting you but you still disconnect for overloading.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Tanji still works on plus emu r2, but it blocks the amount of packets you can send via scheduler unlike habbo.
Like let's say you want to wave, sit, hold a sign, and dance. If you have the packets running at to fast of a rate it will D/C you.
I'm unsure if it is plus emu that is disconnecting you but you still disconnect for overloading.
OK, let me rephrase my post, Damien posted patches so people can’t duplicate their credits etc so the game economy doesn’t totally break.

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
It's impossible to block packet loggers permanently. You're better off investing more time sanitising the data that gets sent from the client, rather than trying to block the use of these applications. I've posted various fixes for some of them. But just check over all the incoming events and just make sure you have checks for all the data that's getting sent from the client.

Example: does the item id exist? is the room category legit? is the room name legit, does it contain null or white spaces?

Just look at the data and think about how it can be altered. With proper checks you can really limit what people can do with these injection tools.
OK, let me rephrase my post, Damien posted patches so people can’t duplicate their credits etc so the game economy doesn’t totally break.
The packets I am trying to block allow for cheating in games like Habbo Basketball and Habbo Soccer. Basically they can take the walking packet and keep re-sending them, allowing for cheating to block shots, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread