PlusEMU Debug Problem

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
when I go to debug my emulator, it says that the "JerkOffCommand.cs" cannot be found, and i also can't find it in the file either? does anybody know how to remove it so i don't get that error while debugging?
x46TwuF.png

@Damien

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
Copy and paste a command that you have and rename it to "JerkOffCommand.cs"
Open Visual Studio and go to where the file is
Delete it.
Fixed.

What happened here is whomever touched the emulator last didn't delete the file via VS they deleted it via File Explorer. So, now VS thinks it exists and the computer says it doesn't.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Copy and paste a command that you have and rename it to "JerkOffCommand.cs"
Open Visual Studio and go to where the file is
Delete it.
Fixed.

What happened here is whomever touched the emulator last didn't delete the file via VS they deleted it via File Explorer. So, now VS thinks it exists and the computer says it doesn't.
okay i've done that i no longer get that error, but i do get this one? i think it was when i followed @Damien's previous tutorial on how to put Rooms in navigator categories
3FDZfZM.png

Mikee

Jul 8, 2017
oh shit, is it maybe because i'm not turning off my emu before debugging?
Nothing to do with that. You need to understand topics in order to debug them. Lets break this down.

Think of a socket like a room in a hotel. This room has certain properties. 1. Hotel Suite Number, ways to get there (elevator or stairs), and room within the suite (master suite or kids suite) .

A socket relates in the same way, it has an IP Address (hotel suite number), ways to get there (protocol - udp or tcp), and port (room - master bedroom or kids room). - The emulator even says this itself ! "Only one usage of each socket address (protocol, address, port) is allowed"

Here something is wrong, i.e one of the parameters (protcol, address, port) is not satisfied.

I assume that the port is not satisfied. In other words, you want the master bedroom in Suite 104 but its already taken so you cant get there. So what are you options? Find a new room (port) in that suite to use. If that returns the same error, check the ip address, otherwise the issue is the protocol.

That is how you debug this problem overall.
Goodluck

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Nothing to do with that. You need to understand topics in order to debug them. Lets break this down.

Think of a socket like a room in a hotel. This room has certain properties. 1. Hotel Suite Number, ways to get there (elevator or stairs), and room within the suite (master suite or kids suite) .

A socket relates in the same way, it has an IP Address (hotel suite number), ways to get there (protocol - udp or tcp), and port (room - master bedroom or kids room). - The emulator even says this itself ! "Only one usage of each socket address (protocol, address, port) is allowed"

Here something is wrong, i.e one of the parameters (protcol, address, port) is not satisfied.

I assume that the port is not satisfied. In other words, you want the master bedroom in Suite 104 but its already taken so you cant get there. So what are you options? Find a new room (port) in that suite to use. If that returns the same error, check the ip address, otherwise the issue is the protocol.

Goodluck
He's not closing the emulator that's running and blocking that port when he tries to debug another emulator occurrence and you say has nothing to do with that??

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017

Goodluck
you're making it into something more complicated than it needs to be lmfaoooo

Mikee

Jul 8, 2017
He's not closing the emulator that's running and blocking that port when he tries to debug another emulator occurrence and you say has nothing to do with that??
you're making it into something more complicated than it needs to be lmfaoooo
Take it as you'd like, my analogy simply explained how a port was in use and that was a possibility for the problem at hand. The context for your situation was not important to me (nevertheless, my mistake I should've read between the lines that one emu open blocked a port for another - but this becomes obvious after reading my explanation).

I focused on helping you understand to solve problems not small intricate details, otherwise no real learning would be done.
Goodluck regardless,

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Take it as you'd like, my analogy simply explained how a port was in use and that was a possibility for the problem at hand. The context for your situation was not important to me (nevertheless, my mistake I should've read between the lines that one emu open blocked a port for another - but this becomes obvious after reading my explanation).

I focused on helping you understand to solve problems not small intricate details, otherwise no real learning would be done.
Goodluck regardless,
i honestly appreciate it but being fairly new to all of this isn't good considering i have no idea what you're talking about

Users who are viewing this thread