[PlusEmu] After compiling it doesn't work anymore

IzzyMichiel

Jan 2, 2020
Hello,

I have downloaded the PlusEmu and used the already built version that was in it.
Now I want to make some changes to some commands so I did and compiled the emu again but then it doesn't work anymore.
Even when I undo my edits and just compile it doesn't work at all anymore.

The client gets stuck on 76%, and just totally not work anymore. Anybody knows how this is happening?

SHORT:
When I compile the source the client stucks, when I use the exe that came with it, it works.

Thank you,

Last edited:

Karel

May 15, 2019
I had the same problem when I used an emulator from a tutorial. I wouldn't know why this happened. Then I downloaded it from retrofiles.net and now I'm able to edit it

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
No errors at all. Just compiles fine.
Post automatically merged:

Which build and SWF files should I try?
If it worked before and after you've edited it it's broken then you've obviously broken something? Do you get any errors in the errors folder in your emulator? It could be a normal issue with Plus if you can post your error logs.

IzzyMichiel

Jan 2, 2020
If it worked before and after you've edited it it's broken then you've obviously broken something? Do you get any errors in the errors folder in your emulator? It could be a normal issue with Plus if you can post your error logs.
Even when I freshly download the same source the already build version is working but when I compile that source again with the same source then it's broke. so I think the source is somewhere broken.

Now I downloaded version 1 and that one worked but I wasn't able to buy anything, everything got stuck.

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Even when I freshly download the same source the already build version is working but when I compile that source again with the same source then it's broke. so I think the source is somewhere broken.

Now I downloaded version 1 and that one worked but I wasn't able to buy anything, everything got stuck.
Plus have common errors, most likely it's the group or rooms bug... If you'd just post your error logs in the folder "logs" in the emulator I can help you.

IzzyMichiel

Jan 2, 2020
Plus have common errors, most likely it's the group or rooms bug... If you'd just post your error logs in the folder "logs" in the emulator I can help you.
Hmm, I am thinking maybe it's a better idea to just change to an newer emulator and production? Which emulator and production would you suggest? I can write C# so I prefer C# so I can change and add things to my needs.

Hmm, I am thinking maybe it's a better idea to just change to an newer emulator and production? Which emulator and production would you suggest? I can write C# so I prefer C# so I can change and add things to my needs.
Because each emulator has it's own SWF and production right or what do they have to need in common?

Thanks,
IzzyMichiel

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Honestly, PlusEMU R2 and PRODUCTION-201701242205-837386173 work fine. You might get a few errors with the rooms which will stop you from accessing the client, there's also a column missing in the groups table which will cause the same issue after creating a group.

These are easily fixed if you look at your errors, there's nothing wrong with the releases you just need to make sure you've got all of the data that's released. There's also some SQL changes to fix pets and wired. I would do some research.

I personally have used R1 and R2 versions of Plus and they work fine with PRODUCTION-201701242205-837386173 as standard.

IzzyMichiel

Jan 2, 2020
Honestly, PlusEMU R2 and PRODUCTION-201701242205-837386173 work fine. You might get a few errors with the rooms which will stop you from accessing the client, there's also a column missing in the groups table which will cause the same issue after creating a group.

These are easily fixed if you look at your errors, there's nothing wrong with the releases you just need to make sure you've got all of the data that's released. There's also some SQL changes to fix pets and wired. I would do some research.

I personally have used R1 and R2 versions of Plus and they work fine with PRODUCTION-201701242205-837386173 as standard.
I think that I have the wrong production. What do you think? All the builds I download doesn’t work properly. So maybe I shall download plusemu r2 and production 201701242205... from retrofiles? I don’t need to change anything in my DB right I can keep my users and rooms?

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I think that I have the wrong production. What do you think? All the builds I download doesn’t work properly. So maybe I shall download plusemu r2 and production 201701242205... from retrofiles? I don’t need to change anything in my DB right I can keep my users and rooms?
Should be fine.

Depending on what version you've used to create the original rooms, there's a few database changes from R1 to R2.

Users who are viewing this thread