Plus Emulator Registered users have room already

MadMonsterMan

Mar 25, 2016
recently joined a couple hotels lately that when you join you automatically have your own room with furniture in it. A bot also enters a room and greets you and tells you some things about the hotel.
Most of the hotels i've seen this on have been using Plus Emulator by SledMore or such. I was wondering how to do so? I know it may contain some new columns in the "users" table..
and maybe some emulation work. Anyone know how to do?
Image:
fuckthat.png

@Rain
@Leader
@Sledmore
@JayCustom
@Altercationz

Last edited:

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
It doesn't need new columns in the users table or emulator work.

In your client php you determine if they have logged in before (By using already made variables such as ; lastonline) and if they have not then you create a room, insert items, add a new bot, etc. etc. in the client.php using mysql.

However, if you would like to do this SMART. Then you should do it in the emulator, and only have one bot that will greet them and once they leave the room or kick that bot; he bot will not return (Maybe a code a command like :callbot, so they can have the bot return).

However you might want to get about 8-10 premade bots, because they can only be in one room at a time.

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
PERSONALLY. What I'd do is when a user connects to the hotel if the `user_stats` doesn't exist for the user, create the nooby room for the user with a room type like "nooby" or just a bool to determine if it's the nooby room or not.

Using room visits or even just a bool in the user table. You can determine if Frank (bot), has already visited the room. If not, you can send him to the users room, to greet the user.

However you might want to get about 8-10 premade bots, because they can only be in one room at a time.

That's not true. If coded correctly you could use 1 bot across many rooms at once without problems.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
That's not true. If coded correctly you could use 1 bot across many rooms at once without problems.
I have never tried that, but are you sure? I remember in R63A, If the bot was already in another room it told you to try again later because you can't have 2 instances of the same bot with the same ID in 2 different rooms. I may be wrong though :) Never personally tried this. The bot table has a room_id function and I thought that controlled where the single RoomUser (bot) was

MadMonsterMan

Mar 25, 2016
Okay so can anyone tell me how to do this the SMART way lol? I want it where when the user joins the hotel for the first time and go into the client they are in the nooby room and the bot enters the room and greets...
What would I put under the "bots" table under room id column?

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Okay so can anyone tell me how to do this the SMART way lol? I want it where when the user joins the hotel for the first time and go into the client they are in the nooby room and the bot enters the room and greets...
What would I put under the "bots" table under room id column?
Making a release now, that I have coded :) Only for rooms -- not bot

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
recently joined a couple hotels lately that when you join you automatically have your own room with furniture in it. A bot also enters a room and greets you and tells you some things about the hotel.
Most of the hotels i've seen this on have been using Plus Emulator by SledMore or such. I was wondering how to do so? I know it may contain some new columns in the "users" table..
and maybe some emulation work. Anyone know how to do?
Image:
fuckthat.png

@Rain
@Leader
@Sledmore
@JayCustom
@Altercationz
I just added a "noob" enum column to the users table, with a default of '1' - upon login, if noob == 1, then it makes the room and sends them to it with an alert, and then sets noob = 0. I've been meaning to make a bot go to the room and greet them but haven't got round to it.

as for the bot itself, you don't need to add a bot to the database at all.. Just add a bot instance to the room, and destroy it on room unload or when the bot is kicked.

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
I just added a "noob" enum column to the users table, with a default of '1' - upon login, if noob == 1, then it makes the room and sends them to it with an alert, and then sets noob = 0. I've been meaning to make a bot go to the room and greet them but haven't got round to it.

as for the bot itself, you don't need to add a bot to the database at all.. Just add a bot instance to the room, and destroy it on room unload or when the bot is kicked.
I'd prefer to have it in the database so I can easily update it. and just have a new type like.. "starter".

Users who are viewing this thread