PC Plugin for my server...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyBoy

Jun 1, 2014
Can you download and use plugins from minecraft.net to an default Minecraft server (not Bukkit)?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
No, only Bukkit (based software) has plugin support. Vanilla Minecraft has no plugin support at all.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong but minecraft.net doesn't do plugins does it?

If I were you, just change to bukkit (it's just as simple) and then you have access to a shit tonne of plugins.

JonnyBoy

Jun 1, 2014
No, only Bukkit (based software) has plugin support. Vanilla Minecraft has no plugin support at all.
I installed Bukkit before but I couldn't access the server manager files, do you know what might went wrong?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Bukkit is not something you need to install, you download the server and run the .bat file in order for it to work. Nothing to hard, really. Probably even easier than vanilla.

JonnyBoy

Jun 1, 2014
Bukkit is not something you need to install, you download the server and run the .bat file in order for it to work. Nothing to hard, really. Probably even easier than vanilla.
Yeah I did that. The .bat file was open and server was online and you could join it, but i couldnt access the server manager file.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Yeah I did that. The .bat file was open and server was online and you could join it, but i couldnt access the server manager file.
Do you mean the Server.properties file? to edit shit on your server or what? not sure what you mean by "Server manager"

Whip

- FiveM Server Developer -
Nov 6, 2013
It's also my server were talking about like with the server from minecraft.net when you open it u have the console so you can do like the /op {username} and see users online and etc. when we did bukkit none of that was accessible was curious to know is it?

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
It's also my server were talking about like with the server from minecraft.net when you open it u have the console so you can do like the /op {username} and see users online and etc. when we did bukkit none of that was accessible was curious to know is it?
When you run the .BAT the console comes up, that's where you enter commands and so on.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Bukkit has no UI, though there are 3rd party plugins out there which make this possible, you can use the console to op people. just type "op username" without the "" in the console. Basicly, it works the same, just it's only commandline.

Whip

Nov 6, 2013
Where not getting a console with the bukkit nothing happens ahah

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
So you're not getting this come up at all when you click "run.bat" ?
qmvmsX1.png

Whip

Nov 6, 2013
I downloaded it from the craftbukkit site now i am looking at it. It says executable jar file when i double click that the world _ nether all them files load but no consoles or nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread