PHX 3.11 Now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
For all the Habbotards who cried because they couldn't afford Phoenix, it's now free. As you may know, the rival forum where Phoenix comes from has been down for the past few days due to their hosting company screwing up the PHP and MySQL updates. Due to those problems, the entire forum was reset as well as all licenses were lost. So as an incentive, Aaron has decided to release 3.11 (the latest version) for free.

Download Link:

Information:
From Aaron;
"This is the exact same release as previously. Any forum account will work as the licence details.

TCP port is forced to 1232, MUS port is forced to 1233.

I will post 3.11.1 tomorrow or something, with fixed port selection.

Also: I changed the override setup to use 127.0.0.1 - so anyone connecting to your hotel from locahost will get autoranked and access to some fun commands, such as:

:rave (makes the entire room dance)
:sitdown (makes the entire room sit)
:roll x # (makes the target roll the specified number)."

Note:
Change your connection.port=30000 to 1232 in client.php

Basically, any account from the rival forum (you should know what it's called) will work when you put in the license information.

Enjoy!

KyleVonnie

Come @ me Bro!
Oct 26, 2011
Thats so stupid, all the accounts deleted facepalm.jpg. I want to know if the people who actually bought the license will get it back for the new update or even a refund?

Nebula

Mar 4, 2013
yea, this is some shit, no backups or anything? Strange considering how many people are on that forum, he better be pushing phoenix 4.0 fast as hell now.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
& : Unfortunately Limaid (who they were hosting with) have messed up the MySQL and PHP upgrade. Upon the upgrades, things were corrupted/deleted. Due to there being so many customers with a Phoenix license, Aaron decided it'd be too much hassle to go through all 150+ licensed users, verify the payments, and then request proof of all 150+ of payments. So instead, he's decided to release 3.11.0 and possibly going to release the open source of 3.11 all together.

Not only does he have to go through to verify them all, PayPal allows us to see 45 days back into our transactions. Like me and most others, my license was bought in 2011 therefore I'd have to go through hassle by calling PayPal to request a full list of my transactions dating to 2011.

Nebula

Mar 4, 2013
yea, I'm super pumped that its free, but the downside to this is more skids are going to start showing up in the retro community, but yea I talked to aaron today and he said they had a backup but the data was corrupted.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Nice to see it is out there, but I see this as the beginning as a new license.

Thread stickied for a while.

kenicko

Jul 9, 2010
I hope he does not stop developing for phoenix. Does this means that phx 4.0 will be free also? If no, what happens with the ones that already bought previous versions will have to buy this one too?

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
There is no point in discussion as the development is closed source and Aaron won't rely on DevBest to critique him/Phoenix. Thread closed, but it will still remain stickied for some time to prevent multiple threads of the same subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread