PHP help.

Korey

Jan 7, 2014
How advanced do you need to be with PHP to create a working login/register system?
How long would it take for me to learn how to do this?

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Each person has a different learning scale, but if depends on all what you are strongly confident and comfortable about.

As far as creating a log in and register system, its apart of the basics but you must understand how databases work and MySQL/MySQLi structuring and attributes. Some registrations and log ins use java script which works well creating PHP scripts for the back-end handling.

But as far as to answer your question on how long for you to learn it, that is all in how much time you put into the learning and what style you learn from. I would recommend w3schools.com for learning some of the major basics.

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
Creating a login/register script is relatively easy. In order to do this, research and understand how to use the following topics:

• Sessions
  • SQL Databases
  • MySQLi/PDO
  • PHP Form Submissions / POST Data
  • if/else functions

These are the basics to creating a login & register script, but be aware that there are other things that I didn't mention, like securing post data, hashing passwords, etc.

Last edited:

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Creating a login/register script is relatively easy. In order to do this, research and understand how to use the following topics:

• Sessions
  • SQL Databases
  • MySQLi/PDO
  • PHP Form Submissions
  • POST Data
  • if/else functions

These are the basics to creating a login & register script, but be aware that there are other things that I didn't mention, like securing post data, hashing passwords, etc.
This is pretty much it, but I guess form submissions and POST data would come under the same topic.

There are plenty of tutorials out there, if you don't feel comfortable coding your own, check out 'phpacademy' on YouTube, they have a few playlists explaining how to make a user system. Obviously, use the latest playlist as they update the code with the latest 'technology'.

Users who are viewing this thread