Photoshop Tips?

HowToHayden

Oct 16, 2013
So I've recently acquired Adobe CS6 Master Collection. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips for Photoshop?
My Experience:
I already understand parts the tool bar as It's very similar to Adobe Illustrator. (Please feel free to correct me on this if they're are extra tools in Photoshop) I've used Photoshop like twice for basic photo manipulation.

What I'm trying to achieve:
I'm going to be creating a Photoshop Mock up for a website. If they're any tips regarding this sort of project in particular it would be helpful.

But really I'm a complete beginner and would like some advice on tools and other peoples experience with the software so that I don't make similar mistakes to others and so that my designs look good and professional.

Thanks Hayden.​

Brown

idk
Feb 15, 2013
My tip would be to just go on Youtube and start with basic tutorials and once you feel comfortable go for more difficult tutorials until you achieve what you want to do.

Aspiree

Nov 27, 2013
Yeh I agree with @Australian , That's how i started off , by just getting images off Google etc and try to edit them and also look at YouTube videos or you could try and find PSD's and start editing them jut to get the basics.

If you need any help PM me and I'll try and help you :D

Bleep

PHP - HTML - CSS - JAVA ✔
Oct 19, 2012
Learning shortcuts is how I started. Shortcuts are easy ways to save time and get focusing on the art work.
Eg. Ctrl T to rotate an image or Shift Ctrl E for merge visable. Have a little look through the options and look at the shortcuts.

Users who are viewing this thread