Jun 12, 2023
I need tutorials for atom development

How to change a logo
How to setup a domain
How to sort a catalouge
How to make items/furniture/badges/avatar items
Everything that is important in the database
All functions explained

If you have more ideas what i could need, i will pay for them too if they are good.

I need it in a professional documentation style.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Hey, welcome to the scene! First tip, don't pay for tutorials and help for basic issues, I will provide you some links to useful Discord's you can ask for help on- some people volunteer their time to help where they can with what they know.. as well I will answer a few of your questions to kind of send you in the right direction as these are your very basics you should get to know right off the bat...

It's important to note you shouldn't rely on someone to do everything for you, the basics of running a hotel are very simple to learn on your own, and there are platforms to use if you ever get stuck on something. Just take a look around your database, file structure and get to know things without actually touching them. This should help give you a basic understanding.

Atom CMS:
Nitro:
Krews:

Changing Banner
You can also do the banner and me backdrop this was, open up your database, go into website_settings table and adjust the image paths, youre going to be looking for: cms_logo, cms_header and cms_me_backdrop. Make sure to host images in same folder the default links are directing you to.

Setting up Domain
Buy your domain, I usually just buy directly from Cloudflare as I find they have better prices for most domains, then follow the IIS steps of Object's tutorial which can be found in the Atom CMS setup part of the tutorial:

Sorting Catalog
Simply go through your catalog_pages to table to sort pages and catalog_items to sort / update items in your catalog.
Adding furniture tutorial:

Making Furni/Items
Learn to use furnibuilder.com and clothingbuilder.com to create those,items will need to be nitro converted. You can learn more about adding things with the tutorial linked above.

Everything in your database is important, get to know and understand it its not very hard lol, its essentially data entry, a lot of it done automatically through your emulator so you don't wanna go messing around with existing tables and fields without knowing what you're doing. Set up automatic backups on navi-cat, biggest mistake new owners make is not doing backups.

I'm not gonna sit here and explain every function of running a retro though- its a lot to learn and you're best learning it on your own otherwise you're just gonna be another hotel who is open for two months before it closes down with nothing really significant about it.

Get to know how things are connected and related, where certain things are- create shortcuts on your desktop to high use folders like badges, furni, etc... and feel free to ask questions on those Discord servers I shared with you.

Alpha92

Jun 12, 2023
Hey, welcome to the scene! First tip, don't pay for tutorials and help for basic issues, I will provide you some links to useful Discord's you can ask for help on- some people volunteer their time to help where they can with what they know.. as well I will answer a few of your questions to kind of send you in the right direction as these are your very basics you should get to know right off the bat...

It's important to note you shouldn't rely on someone to do everything for you, the basics of running a hotel are very simple to learn on your own, and there are platforms to use if you ever get stuck on something. Just take a look around your database, file structure and get to know things without actually touching them. This should help give you a basic understanding.

Atom CMS:
Nitro:
Krews:

Changing Banner
You can also do the banner and me backdrop this was, open up your database, go into website_settings table and adjust the image paths, youre going to be looking for: cms_logo, cms_header and cms_me_backdrop. Make sure to host images in same folder the default links are directing you to.

Setting up Domain
Buy your domain, I usually just buy directly from Cloudflare as I find they have better prices for most domains, then follow the IIS steps of Object's tutorial which can be found in the Atom CMS setup part of the tutorial:

Sorting Catalog
Simply go through your catalog_pages to table to sort pages and catalog_items to sort / update items in your catalog.
Adding furniture tutorial:

Making Furni/Items
Learn to use furnibuilder.com and clothingbuilder.com to create those,items will need to be nitro converted. You can learn more about adding things with the tutorial linked above.

Everything in your database is important, get to know and understand it its not very hard lol, its essentially data entry, a lot of it done automatically through your emulator so you don't wanna go messing around with existing tables and fields without knowing what you're doing. Set up automatic backups on navi-cat, biggest mistake new owners make is not doing backups.

I'm not gonna sit here and explain every function of running a retro though- its a lot to learn and you're best learning it on your own otherwise you're just gonna be another hotel who is open for two months before it closes down with nothing really significant about it.

Get to know how things are connected and related, where certain things are- create shortcuts on your desktop to high use folders like badges, furni, etc... and feel free to ask questions on those Discord servers I shared with you.
Thank you very much

Can you add me in Discord?
dinel92

Users who are viewing this thread