Pathfinder/Roomload

qwlaesd

Feb 20, 2023
How to code my pathfinder so that it is quick, also how do I achieve instant roomload? Any one trying to help.

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
Define "quick pathfinder", a quick pathfinder would be one that has no logic attached to it, which I doubt you'd want. I think the biggest issue with current A* pathfinders is most of them currently recalculate the path on step in case of new obstructions. This could be where you start with your optimizations.

Instant room load is achieved by only loading a room once, and when the users changes room, rather then unloading the room and loading the new one you unload the items and users and load in the ones for the new room. This also means all your rooms need to be the same size, since you can't change the room size without unload and reloading the room.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Room loading can be near instant and it's slow because the common implementations are awful.

Arcturus takes over nearly 5 seconds to load a room while an unreleased .net emu I'm using can do it in 250ms

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
What Damien mentioned and also varies based on server location and user ping. You know you got it right when you don’t see that black screen when transitioning rooms.
Initial visit of rooms might be slower then when cached. Roomads help but not really. Does make for less furni to load and cleaner look though. Meh.

If I’m not mistaken I think gearth/tanji has a plugin/extension for roomload also.

Last edited:

TheGeneral

Dec 27, 2016
Room loading can be near instant and it's slow because the common implementations are awful.

Arcturus takes over nearly 5 seconds to load a room while an unreleased .net emu I'm using can do it in 250ms
Still slow af
Post automatically merged:

The latency is on the client, not the server.

Users who are viewing this thread