Show DevBest Paradise Index [jQuery & CSS Transitions]

Tranquilizer

Jan 24, 2012
Spent the past few days working on and off of a new index page for Paradise. I've tried to move away from the typical design containing placeholders and labels by using a jQuery fadein function above the text field when focused (see website). On the other hand, I also tried to keep it simple and not distracting with moving objects etc.. Let me know what you guys think (if there is anything I should add/remove). I plan on designing the register page similarly shortly.

Screenshot
MUYNCnT.png

Live Example:

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Not a bad tooltip.. However, I prefer placeholders as now your input box is plain until the users mouse is focused on it.

Anyway pretty nice work. Maybe try adding an arrow under the box in the middle to create a neater effect?

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Not a fan of it to be honest.

As Sysode said, without placeholders the input boxes look too plain and white, not to mention they seem to be a little big.
I also dislike how randomly positioned the register button is on the image, its not specifically aligned anywhere, its just floating into space.
Finally, there's not enough content, not enough that makes me want to take a further look by joining up. People forget these days, especially with Habbo, its nice to have a slick design for your index but you NEED content. The index is essentially the cover of your website, despite what people do say, most people do judge a book by its cover.

In all honesty, it needs work.

Tranquilizer

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks for the input. The register button should be spaced between the start of the login area on the top and the right side. As far as the arrows go, I am not a huge fan of them, but I will look into them later. Finally, I was thinking about putting my character, or another, under the terrace with chat bubbles with certain messages that rise similar to the in-game experience.

Users who are viewing this thread