Recruiting [PAID] Townie! Recruiting UI Designers & Pixel Artists

Genaga

Mar 12, 2015
Townie!
Townie is a 2D life sim, a cross between Habbo Hotel and The Sims (specifically the GBA ones).

Features:
  • A huge "overworld" map to explore and interact with
  • Quests - A main story questline and plenty of side quests
  • Needs System - Hunger, bladder, hygiene etc
  • Building - A dedicated build mode, allowing you to create and edit your rooms however you wish, you can also save room + item blueprints
  • Crafting - Crafting your own items, food, potions and just about anything
  • Skills - Strength, creativity, woodcutting, mining, cooking, brewing, mechanical, tailoring & more!
  • And plenty more!

Tech Stuff:
Townie is developed in Java using LibGdx, allowing the potential to run in browser (via GWT), Android, iOS and desktop.
The backend is designed with a microservices approach, with separate services for Accounts, Chat & NPCs, written in Java using Spring.
This means that the servers should scale a little better and allow more people on at once.
We currently use a Kubernetes Cluster with Load Balancers + auto scaling to handle requests for none game server services.

Screenshots:
Note: Everything in these screenshots is subject to change, and next to none of it is final
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Recruitment:
We are currently looking for:
  • UI Designer: Either free reign to redesign the entire UI, or I can guide you into what sort of style I like
  • Pixel Artists: Lots of stuff is needed, whatever you fancy making really. Clothing, icons, furniture, buildings, floor tiles? Everything

Interested? You can contact me either here or on Discord: Thus Spoke Dominic#9421

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread