OS X Vs Windows [Retards not allowed]

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
Seriously OS X Or Windows?

Why?

Serious opinions only, I don't want shit like "Because its better"

My Opinion -

OS X, while it is expensive their are alternatives including hackintosh's and the mac mini (around $600), though the price you pay is actually very accurate compared to the quality of the product your receiving! Not to mention the OS is very intuitive, fast, and doesn't gum up all the time. I won't go into the virus category, as mac CAN get a virus the chances are very slim to non though.

Remember, just name the reasons why you love whichever OS you choose.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I tried Mac for a little while with hackintosh, but I don't really like the interface as it is now. I must admit, some features where better and faster then Windows, but still it isn't changing my opinion. Also, when you don't know really much about computers (like most of the parents who don't know how computers work), Mac is really hard to understand, Windows is a little bit more "noob" friendly.

However I don't hate Mac, but I still prefer Windows over Mac.

Tanis

Jan 5, 2011
The only reason I use Windows is gaming. I run OS X in a VM for coding because it's fast and UNIX based, I believe. I choose Mac.

I tried installing it directly on to my computer but there's no drivers for my wifi and I was having trouble with my graphics card.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Flame = Infraction.
To note: Linux

OS X, I love it because it's so attracting ( looks ), intuitive, simple and secure. When I use OS X, I feel safe from any malicious website and I simply love the countless features that in my opinion are underrated ( Mission Control, Multiple desktops, All those little details that make it beautiful ). Apple does not cease to impress me and get me excited with every new OS X release.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Windows because it's the only thing I've ever used and I've not had access to use a Mac or anything. :(

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
First off, I find Mac OS X much more appealing than Windows. I also find that Mac's OS X allows me to be more productive with its multiple desktops, as oppose to having just one with everything cluttered on it. There's also the fact that Mac OS X is more secure than Windows, and you don't have to worry about things, or even run anti-virus software for that matter. I also like Apple's integration of an App Store on Mac OS X as it brings all the apps together, as oppose to them all being separate, and many times more difficult to update as most of the times a program wont notify you. I also think that Mac OS X has great apps that tailor to my needs (Coda 2, Screenflow, Sparrow, etc). The new notification feature is also very nice (similar to Growl), as it ties all apps together in that notion.

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
First off, I find Mac OS X much more appealing than Windows. I also find that Mac's OS X allows me to be more productive with its multiple desktops, as oppose to having just one with everything cluttered on it. There's also the fact that Mac OS X is more secure than Windows, and you don't have to worry about things, or even run anti-virus software for that matter. I also like Apple's integration of an App Store on Mac OS X as it brings all the apps together, as oppose to them all being separate, and many times more difficult to update as most of the times a program wont notify you. I also think that Mac OS X has great apps that tailor to my needs (Coda 2, Screenflow, Sparrow, etc). The new notification feature is also very nice (similar to Growl), as it ties all apps together in that notion.
You like the new notification for updates as well? I find that be like the iPhones update notifier. One step towards unification of iOS and OSX?

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
Choice: Windows

although everything said abooutt osx is true and I agree with. Windows computers are more powerful when it comes to RAM & CPU.
With Macs you're not getting much of a choice. This is within the general public.

~Sent from my LG bobba Model using Tapatalk 2~

Users who are viewing this thread