Only I can access my server- why?

NoahKND

May 22, 2019
Hey guys,

So, I'm running a retro on my own IP and stuff right now. Just for me and my friends. But for some reason, they cant connect to it? I can, i even got a domain name, and that works. But outside of my network, nobody can access.

Why?

Ive got my firewall turned off, my ports have been forwarded, im using the IPv4 from my ipconfig.

What went wrong?

Noah

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
Hey guys,

So, I'm running a retro on my own IP and stuff right now. Just for me and my friends. But for some reason, they cant connect to it? I can, i even got a domain name, and that works. But outside of my network, nobody can access.

Why?

Ive got my firewall turned off, my ports have been forwarded, im using the IPv4 from my ipconfig.

What went wrong?

Noah

If you have a Wifi Router in your household and your computer is wirelessly/hardwired to it you're gonna need to open your ports on that wifi router via Single Port Forwarding.

just to be sure your ports are opened..

NoahKND

May 22, 2019
If you have a Wifi Router in your household and your computer is wirelessly/hardwired to it you're gonna need to open your ports on that wifi router via Single Port Forwarding.

just to be sure your ports are opened..

but, is my IP supposed to be the same as i used for my retro? i went to CMD and then IPCONFIG, and took my IPv4. Once i put my own IP, it doesnt work at all anymore

Users who are viewing this thread