Online cryptocurrencies here to stay?

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
No, simply because people, the general public doesn't have the knowledge or patience to get into such thing. Of course it will be for a certain community who is comfortable with using computers and comfortable with having a currency that's not actually a solid in there hands. I think many people would find it to much of a risk to rely on a computer to hold their money. Of course certain companies and people will allow such payment and there will always be some interest in it but it will never become a solid payment method for most people.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
No, simply because people, the general public doesn't have the knowledge or patience to get into such thing. Of course it will be for a certain community who is comfortable with using computers and comfortable with having a currency that's not actually a solid in there hands. I think many people would find it to much of a risk to rely on a computer to hold their money. Of course certain companies and people will allow such payment and there will always be some interest in it but it will never become a solid payment method for most people.
People you debit cards/credit cards that's not solid money. People use paypal, that's not solid money.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I was at a convention in London the other day to do with game changing in the business world, there were quite a few big names there and one of which was the Exec Director of Bitcoins, Jon Matonis.. His talk was basically on how Bitcoin hope to change the way people pay for their items. He mad key points such as how Bitcoins are untraceable (which caused a small debate on the ethics of that idea) and how they've grown by a great deal over the past year or so. They also aim to make Bitcoins more compatible with every day to day things such as shopping.

Didn't really pay much attention to his talk as it was fairly dull but you get the jist of what I'm trying to say.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
No, but it is a simple payment method compared to Crypto currency m9

Here's how I see it-

Debit Card:

- Large fees when used abroad
- You have to be 16/18 to have one
- Some transfers can be expensive and take a long time to process
- A pin need to be memorized

Bitcoin:

- Zero fees, can be used anywhere
- No age limit
- Transfer times of a few minutes
- Paying can be as simple as swiping a QR code

I think Bitcoin has the potential to succeed, but don't get me wrong. Bitcoin's fundamentally an Internet concept, nothing more, it'd be far too easily exploited in the real world. :p

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
The world of physical cash is quickly becoming extinct since we have the system of digital currency. Only a small 5% remains of physical cash, the other 95% of it begin digital currency. I do not believe the online crypto currencies are secure as anyone can find loop holes in systems and it will always be a battling game between both security and hackers. I feel confident enough in paypal to keep my money safe.

Users who are viewing this thread