North Korea deny all allegations of hacking Sony, what do you think?

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
In the news recently, there had been talk of hackers from North Korea getting into Sony's film property causing Sony to cancel working on a new film they were making. Their has been alot of controversy around the subject as the U.S blame North Korea without a decent amount of Evidence to back up their views.
The timeline of events are as follows:
  • 22 November: Sony computer systems hacked, exposing embarrassing emails and personal details about stars
  • 7 December: North Korea denies accusations that it is behind the cyber-attack, but praises it as a "righteous deed"
  • 16 December: "Guardians of Peace" hacker group threatens 9/11-type attack on cinemas showing film; New York premiere cancelled
  • 17 December: Leading US cinema groups say they will not screen film; Sony cancels Christmas-day release
  • 19 December: FBI concludes North Korea orchestrated hack; President Obama calls Sony cancellation "a mistake".
The film itself that caused all this havoc was actually a comedy based on a plot to kill North Korea's leader. North Korea say it demoralises there 'supreme' leader.

What are your opinions on this? Do you think Sony should cancel the making of this film? Do you think North Korea are behind it?

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
Submitting to people/countries like North Korea never leads to anything good.

Sony should release the movie online to show North Korea it can't be intimidated.

Last edited:

Blueoptic

Time Is Money
Jun 23, 2014
Submitting to people/countries like North Korea never leads to anything good.

Sony should release the movie online to show North Korea it can't be intimidated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh I heard about that. What I also heard was the movie will get leaked online somewhere, somehow from a cast member or such. Everyone of the Movie gets a copy, think of the actual film editor. Souce: The Young Turks

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
A dictator should expect things like this, go and eat a Cake, Kim Jong-un!

met-kim-jong_600x315.jpg

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
North Korea is a small developing country, trying to assert that they 'matter' to the world. Eventually, Kim Jung Un is going to push us too far and end up as a nuclear wasteland between Russia and South Korea.

Balls

Jun 1, 2013
When they eventually do release the film, Sony will make a shit ton of money. Unless you torrent itHeyGuys

EDIT:
LSBxLnr.png

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Anonymous claim to have the film anyway and say they will release it.. Who cares?

North Korea are like that one kid in school that thinks they are solid but no one really gives a shit for their presence.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
North Korea is a small developing country, trying to assert that they 'matter' to the world. Eventually, Kim Jung Un is going to push us too far and end up as a nuclear wasteland between Russia and South Korea.
It's inbetween China and SK lrn2geography. Anyways Sony only has itself to blame. Why would you create a movie about killing a leader? Especially to such an aggressive nation. I'm sure the U.S. would not be amused had it been the other way around.

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
It's inbetween China and SK lrn2geography. Anyways Sony only has itself to blame. Why would you create a movie about killing a leader? Especially to such an aggressive nation. I'm sure the U.S. would not be amused had it been the other way around.
I would..

Jerry

not rly active lol
Jul 8, 2013
A hacking squad called "Lizard Squad" used their 1tb botnet to send a large DDoS Attack to North Korea's Internet..

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
I don't think it's the film or the terrorist threats that caused Sony to ultimately kill the movie. I think Sony knew that something really shady about their corporate practices would be revealed, and to protect these business interests, it was logical to comply with the hackers' demands. Personally, I want to see the movie. I don't contest the FBI, and I believe the North Koreans were behind this -- but were they helped by the Chinese?

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think it's the film or the terrorist threats that caused Sony to ultimately kill the movie. I think Sony knew that something really shady about their corporate practices would be revealed, and to protect these business interests, it was logical to comply with the hackers' demands. Personally, I want to see the movie. I don't contest the FBI, and I believe the North Koreans were behind this -- but were they helped by the Chinese?

You raise a good point about Sony not wanting information released. Either way though, submitting to North Korea only boosts their ego. Sooner or later they'll take a step too far.

Mikey

mmm Hi
May 26, 2012
If north Korea is behind the hack they should have talked to sony first about the movie before they get all pissy

Users who are viewing this thread