Node.js

NathanCarn3y

Leaving a legacy
Sep 14, 2016
So I have a tutorial I have been learning the basics of node.js its for beginners but I think its great so give it a try if you wanna learn about it.

Also here.

Moron

wes#5860
Mar 25, 2014
You are aware that it isn't at all and you are breaking global forum rules? - Wess
You are aware that this is an area that was made for you to post your own, self-made tutorials, right?

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Look like some interesting tutorials, I always thought Lynda was paid.
@Sentinel or @The_Holy_Trinity - maybe you can give some feedback on the tutorials provided here?
Well Lynda is good, but it's mostly outdated tutorials and silly old boring men teaching on that site aswell as it's only free for the first 10 days.
I know tutorialspoint has some good blog posts on different scripts.

Personally I'd rather research when learning something, especially if you're already comfortable with coding other languages.
The only time I watch tutorials, is when I need to learn a new framework or library, e.g Redux as the documentation is shit.

All in all, I would suggest checking this guy out he's fucking amazing to explain

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
The tutorials are okay, but it's a lot easier to learn Node by looking into available startup kits. (By that I mean pre made websites, so on with simple code).

I also prefer learning things myself and tutorials always seemed more annoying than helpful to me.

Good example

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Learn Node by viewing, compiling, contributing to the source, as it's open source and written in C++ and JavaScript.
03dfb05b3daa4338a3962ec02af22bbf.png

Velaski

winner
Aug 4, 2015
Just do it.

Only jackasses use tutorials
Wow using a tutorial is wrong. I want to learn more indepth about it. That's just how I learn.
"Just do it" means don't keep watching tutorials - you're not going to get any better. The only way your going to get better is practically and doing projects to improve your skill. Correct me if I'm wrong.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Wow using a tutorial is wrong. I want to learn more indepth about it. That's just how I learn.
Then read the damn documentation, find a project, code it, improve it, make it open source, look at others code, use it, find out how it works and recode it.

NathanCarn3y

Leaving a legacy
Sep 14, 2016
Then read the damn documentation, find a project, code it, improve it, make it open source, look at others code, use it, find out how it works and recode it.
"Just do it" means don't keep watching tutorials - you're not going to get any better. The only way your going to get better is practically and doing projects to improve your skill. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Alright

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
The issue is you plan on learning a language, but end up only telling others these plans without following through.

Focus more on yourself and wait until the job is done to update the others.

NathanCarn3y

Leaving a legacy
Sep 14, 2016
The issue is you plan on learning a language, but end up only telling others these plans without following through.

Focus more on yourself and wait until the job is done to update the others.
I have followed through with some just didn't fully learn. Should I have node on one of my VPS to learn on on my actual labtop?

Users who are viewing this thread