[NGINX] CMS 404 not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michell

god x
Nov 15, 2011
Hi!

I succesfully installed NGINX Server on Ubuntu and I placed my CMS into var/www/html, however the site will go to mydomain.com/index as normally, but I get a 404 not found Ubuntu error page.
I did check:

- Config of CMS is correctly linked
- Servername PHP is correctly
- Folders have the right CHMOD permissions
- Index.php is there inside html folder

UPDATE: I tried some other CMS, but exactly the same problem. I think there might be a path wrong somewhere, but tbh dont know where. I assume the web.config isnt optimized for use from IIS to NGINX

@LukeOx Any idea or someone else here have a idea what it could be? Maybe something with the web.config, like the path is not correctly somewhere?

Last edited:

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Hi!

I succesfully installed NGINX Server on Ubuntu and I placed my CMS into var/www/html, however the site will go to mydomain.com/index as normally, but I get a 404 not found Ubuntu error page.
I did check:

- Config of CMS is correctly linked
- Servername PHP is correctly
- Folders have the right CHMOD permissions
- Index.php is there inside html folder

UPDATE: I tried some other CMS, but exactly the same problem. I think there might be a path wrong somewhere, but tbh dont know where. I assume the web.config isnt optimized for use from IIS to NGINX

@LukeOx Any idea or someone else here have a idea what it could be? Maybe something with the web.config, like the path is not correctly somewhere?
NGINX isn't "plug and play".
What does your config files look like?
It sounds like you think web.config is consumed by NGINX like it is for IIS..

Michell

god x
Nov 15, 2011
NGINX isn't "plug and play".
What does your config files look like?
It sounds like you think web.config is consumed by NGINX like it is for IIS..

Config inside CMS is just normal as you would use it on IIS or XAMPP.

I see some threads on the internet about that you need to rewirte the URLS for NGINX, since this is a IIS based.

Config of NGINX:

There is a web.config inside the root of the cms:

Post automatically merged:

Problem solved!
Forgot to add the custom config for my site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread