New Furni Won't Load

GuruGuru

Dec 1, 2016
I've just added furniture to:

My furnidata.xml with revision "customs", id is the ID of the furniture item and the class is the swf name.

I put the swf in /dcr/hof_furni
I put the item in the catalog.

I'm running Sledmore's PlusEMU. I've then run :update furniture :update catalog, any idea what I could be missing that would cause this to not work? Do I need a folder called customs? I noticed this was used for furni that was already in, that's why I used it.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013

My furnidata.xml with revision "customs", id is the ID of the furniture item and the class is the swf name.

I'm running Sledmore's PlusEMU. I've then run :update furniture :update catalog, any idea what I could be missing that would cause this to not work? Do I need a folder called customs? I noticed this was used for furni that was already in, that's why I used it.
:update items
:update catalog
clear cloudflare
reload cache

GuruGuru

Dec 1, 2016
No luck. Does anything look wrong with this?

<furnitype id="10000001" classname="statue_olifant">
<revision>customs</revision>
<defaultdir>0</defaultdir>
<xdim>1</xdim><ydim>1</ydim>
<partcolors><color>0</color>
<color>0</color><color>0</color>
</partcolors>
<name>Standbeeld</name>
<description>Gemaakt door xThibo</description>
<adurl>:)</adurl><offerid>-1</offerid>
<buyout>0</buyout><rentofferid>-1</rentofferid>
<rentbuyout>0</rentbuyout><bc>0</bc><customparams />
<specialtype>1</specialtype><canstandon>0</canstandon><cansiton>0</cansiton><canlayon>0</canlayon>
</furnitype>

No luck. Does anything look wrong with this?

<furnitype id="10000001" classname="statue_olifant">
<revision>customs</revision>
<defaultdir>0</defaultdir>
<xdim>1</xdim><ydim>1</ydim>
<partcolors><color>0</color>
<color>0</color><color>0</color>
</partcolors>
<name>Standbeeld</name>
<description>Gemaakt door xThibo</description>
<adurl>:)</adurl><offerid>-1</offerid>
<buyout>0</buyout><rentofferid>-1</rentofferid>
<rentbuyout>0</rentbuyout><bc>0</bc><customparams />
<specialtype>1</specialtype><canstandon>0</canstandon><cansiton>0</cansiton><canlayon>0</canlayon>
</furnitype>
Do I need to restart the emulator?

Liam

To be or not to be
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
There's 2 sections in the furnidata.xml file for wall and floor items, make sure you've added it in the correct area.

regimozz

Jun 3, 2011

Since you are using PlusEMU. Does the SWF file that you are using have graphic tags? Also like li4m said, there are different sections for wall and floor items. This may also sound stupid but also ensure that you don't have more than one hof_furni folder if you're using a downloaded swf pack. Ensure that /dcr/hof_furni is the hof_furni that is being referenced in your revcms configuration and your external_variables.

Finally, make sure you haven't messed up the markup in your furnidata, if you need help adding furnidata to an xml file. PM me and upload your furnidata code that needs to be added and your furnidata.xml and I'll be more than happy to add it for you. but you should try do it yourself as if you're making a retro, this is something basic that learning how to do will be very useful.

Regards,

Sly

I don't break the rules I bend them.
Oct 28, 2016
  • Go to ***** > Select the furni > Select your emulator > Download the .swf (with graphics since you're using plusEMU) add it into hof_furni
  • Add Furnidata_XML > into your furnidata.xml (make sure its all the way at the top, and under <roomitemtypes>)
  • Add Catalog_furni > Database > Run Query
  • Add Catalog_item > Database > Select your PageID > Run Query
  • Clear cache and restart emu and you should have the item appear without any problems

GuruGuru

Dec 1, 2016
  • Go to ***** > Select the furni > Select your emulator > Download the .swf (with graphics since you're using plusEMU) add it into hof_furni
  • Add Furnidata_XML > into your furnidata.xml (make sure its all the way at the top, and under <roomitemtypes>)
  • Add Catalog_furni > Database > Run Query
  • Add Catalog_item > Database > Select your PageID > Run Query
  • Clear cache and restart emu and you should have the item appear without any problems
To update here, I've followed these steps exactly, I then go to check the furni in the catalog and it's just empty. I go to click on that furni and if I look to inspect element it's looking for 0.gif and not finding it. Why would this furni look for 0.gif?

Please see all attachments, anything obvious?

And out of the furni that loads in the Inspect Element when I open that category of the catalogue, clothing_r16_party14.swf is not one of them. Why would that be?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-12-13 23.22.31.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-13 23.22.31.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2016-12-13 23.22.18.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-13 23.22.18.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2016-12-13 23.22.00.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-13 23.22.00.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2016-12-13 23.21.57.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-13 23.21.57.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2016-12-13 23.21.49.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-13 23.21.49.png
    235.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2016-12-13 23.21.30.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-13 23.21.30.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 6

Sly

I don't break the rules I bend them.
Oct 28, 2016
To update here, I've followed these steps exactly, I then go to check the furni in the catalog and it's just empty. I go to click on that furni and if I look to inspect element it's looking for 0.gif and not finding it. Why would this furni look for 0.gif?

Please see all attachments, anything obvious?

And out of the furni that loads in the Inspect Element when I open that category of the catalogue, clothing_r16_party14.swf is not one of them. Why would that be?
You are adding a clothing, that is different from adding a normal furni.
Do you want to add the party hat to the wardrobe? Just download the newest clothing pack, everything is init.

GuruGuru

Dec 1, 2016
You are adding a clothing, that is different from adding a normal furni.
Do you want to add the party hat to the wardrobe? Just download the newest clothing pack, everything is init.
Do you know where the new clothing pack is? And Ok I will try with furni too.

Users who are viewing this thread