New CMS, Simple Design, Issues/Need Fix

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
Hey everyone,

I've been able to test out different CMS's on XAMPP, which is what I'll be using to act as my server. There were a few that I liked, and I had some trouble with setting up the first few, with the exception of one and am now figuring out more about the languages and how I can use them more effectively.

The reason I got rid of the last one, is because once I had been reminded of what it looked like from the index page, for the trouble I was going through, it seemed like I could've found a better design to be consistent throughout my pages. Although it came with a lot more content to add to my set up (i.e values, community, staff apps, etc.), I found a more simple layout, that I'd like to use & build on, instead.

This new CMS, however, comes with its' own issues. I run into MySQLi (errors), which I'm unfamiliar with, and could use now as a good time to learn more about and figure out how I can incorporate into my setup properly. The specific errors are:

Code:
$ban = mysqli_fetch_assoc($l_ban);
if(mysqli_num_rows($l_ban);
On lines 69 & 71
And 4 errors on line 22 where I try to connect to my database.

What it's supposed to look like:

What it looks like on my server: *Notice the logo

If I can't begin to get this CMS to work, I may have to consider switching again, or possibly just trying to create one of my own that I have more flexibility with, starting with index/register pages that my database can interact with.

I'm unfamiliar with MySQLi, as most of the sql's that I've encountered have been through phpMyAdmin.

If anyone can offer any advice that would set me on the right track, whether its:
* for the MySQLi errors
* recommending a new CMS that will be better suited for my environment,
* habbo-related image packs/theme colors, common margins/dimensions & paddings so I can design my own

I would be filled with the utmost gratitude,
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread