Network Indicators Keeps Blinking/Stays Lighting

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Hello...

First, before reading through this thread, please take note that I do know what network indicators and why they light... second, I posted a help thread regarding this because I needed it bad - so if you can't post atleast suggestions on how to fix, then don't.

Here's my problem...

Whenever I use Internet, or make a connection - the network indicator will blink... but when my laptop stays idle (no Internet connection made; but connected on Internet), it doesn't turn off - but stays on. It seems abnormal.

I made a thorough avast! scan and it seems that few of my files are infected (inc. Phoenix Cracked, I love playing with stuffs).

Here's the scan result...
You must be registered for see images attach

And for the rest files above, it's because they were screenshots from my old Ubuntu installation (and Windows cannot read/modify them due to the format of their file names).

I need your help guys... the scan solved my non-stop lighting reading indicator, but the network still doesn't turn off at all when I'm at Internet.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
If it's still blinking that means it's still sending data to the router (using internet obv).
This could either be a Virus/Malware/RAT of some sort or it could be the system itself keeping the connection seeing as that's what mine does.
I'd recommend reinstalling windows since your cleaner has gotten rid of all viruses, backup the stuff you actually need onto a USB/flash disk and reinstall.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
If it's still blinking that means it's still sending data to the router (using internet obv).
This could either be a Virus/Malware/RAT of some sort or it could be the system itself keeping the connection seeing as that's what mine does.
I'd recommend reinstalling windows since your cleaner has gotten rid of all viruses, backup the stuff you actually need onto a USB/flash disk and reinstall.
This Windows installation was a new one. I don't see any problem in my Internet connection but when I connect my laptop with another wireless device (e.g. another laptop) using the same network, sometimes it's only me who can load websites or the other device. I consulted in here because I feel that my laptop eats most of the bandwidth...

But thanks, I also think it could be something running in the background that keeps on connecting. I thought I was the only one having this no-turn-off network indicator thing.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
This Windows installation was a new one. I don't see any problem in my Internet connection but when I connect my laptop with another wireless device (e.g. another laptop) using the same network, sometimes it's only me who can load websites or the other device. I consulted in here because I feel that my laptop eats most of the bandwidth...

But thanks, I also think it could be something running in the background that keeps on connecting. I thought I was the only one having this no-turn-off network indicator thing.
How new is it? I reinstall windows every Sunday and don't even count that as new. I wouldn't worry about it, but the bandwidth thing could be:
1) old network card on the computer
2) not a very good router
Not dissing your router, since my router bricks itself every 6 months or so.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
How new is it? I reinstall windows every Sunday and don't even count that as new. I wouldn't worry about it, but the bandwidth thing could be:
1) old network card on the computer
2) not a very good router
Not dissing your router, since my router bricks itself every 6 months or so.
I reinstall Windows per month not unless needed/if something goes wrong. And this laptop is 3 years old... I got a EDiMAX router.

Users who are viewing this thread