Show DevBest Need Opinions / Options,

Jayseanp

Soooo Bored!
Oct 26, 2013
Hey,

Basically im about to purchase my 2nd dedicated server this one won't be Raid10 but will be cheaper since it will only consist of Raid1,
1 time deal,

My Deal,
Dedicated Server DUAL XEON
> > 2 x Intel Xeon E5 2620 V2
> > 2 x (6 x 2,10 Ghz)
> > 128 GB REG ECC1 [Max 256]
> > Any combination of SSD/HDDs available
> > 1Gbit/s port
> > UNLIMITED Traffic
> > No set up fee presently.
> >
> > + 2 x 3000 GB hard disks
> > + RAID1 Controller

-> Prevention from ddos attacks options are,

Sale of Cisco Firewall ASA 5505 (150 Mbps, Firewall Throughput max.)

Sale of Cisco Firewall ASA 5510 (300 Mbps, Firewall Throughput max.)

Sale of Juniper SRX100 (90 Mbps, Firewall Throughput max)

With the dedicated server i recieve, 65 k IPV6's , and IPV4's [1] but more can be bought at $2.50 / month

I'm wanting to go through with this deal but its just the firewall's im planning on getting a , Sale of Juniper SRX100 (90 Mbps, Firewall Throughput max) if they give me a sweet deal but this as said above is a 1 time deal

I'm really unsure whether or not to go for it , and can set the 1 GB Ram VPS [Raid1] Very Low ranging from 4-6 Dollars / Month [Unmetered Bw]

Things holding me back are,
IPV6's ,
Firewall

So i thought to seek some advice from you guys.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
The firewall is just rubbish. A cheap booter hits around 1.2GB minimal.
With the right configuration, the Cisco ASA 5510 can mitigate DDoS attack ranging from 5 - 10 gbps range. However, this will overload the firewall and cause a lot of good traffic to not go through. It's much better to use a company that can filter the traffic more efficiently like Staminus' SecurePort or GigeNet's Proxyshield.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
With the right configuration, the Cisco ASA 5510 can mitigate DDoS attack ranging from 5 - 10 gbps range. However, this will overload the firewall and cause a lot of good traffic to not go through. It's much better to use a company that can filter the traffic more efficiently like Staminus' SecurePort or GigeNet's Proxyshield.
Though you can not configure it yourself, so it's irrelevant what you just said. He's given options by the hoster of the dedicated server.

Jayseanp

Soooo Bored!
Oct 26, 2013
Well why would you need to when they do it for you :I , but yeah i didn't go with these guys. Instead purchased a server in France , Unmetered @ 1 GBPS - 32 GB DDR3 , HW Raid 1 2X 2 TB.

I really want my next server in Germany / Russia Or Netherlands. Those tend to be quite costly / hate the fact EU IP's cost so much... seriously need to invest in IPV6's getting them running OVH IP's will be going up to 10$ / IP which is suggesting they are running out pretty fast.

Then again, you can also install DDOS Deflect to help a bit i guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread