PC need help

EngeldesTodes

Deutsch Techno-Freak WIR SIND EIN
Feb 21, 2011
ok as i brought a minecraft server premade i want to know what plugins do i need to make it a pvp faction server with games like hunger games and so on that ll i asking really i can build it just need to know what plugins i eed for those things

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
You don't need help, you need Jesus.

Start with Factions, then The HungerGames, eventually if you are in the 1% of servers that don't suck giant reindeer cock, you can get multiple, better servers, and run Bungee.

But that won't be needed, as you will be the only person on your server.

You're welcome.

T3ch

May 23, 2013
There is an anti-greif plugin for advanced users (but can be set up if you watch a 15 minute tutorial) called LogBlock. Basically, you have to set up your own SQL server (for free, shown how-to in the video), and it will track EVERYONE's block placement. If something is greiffed, you can use a wood pickaxe to see who modified the block, and ban them if you want. It also has a rollback function which allows you to undo that players block-placement all the way back to the beginning of when you install this plugin!

As for protection, I am fond of Regios (no "n"). It allows you to protect certain areas, block certain people from entering, and has customizable entrance/exit messages for your regions.

Economy, the most accepted is iConomy, as pretty much everything supports it.

If you want to add an RPG kinda feel, you can install Citizens, which places NPC's that can talk, trade, heal, repair etc. It can take a while to fully customize each NPC, but it's totally worth it!

A must have, basic plugin is Essentials v2.5+, it has everything from warps, to heals, to god mode, to setting /home, to changing time, etc. It also allows you to see which country (and if you want, city) your players are from.

Another RPG-oriented plugin is LevelCraft. It's a plugin that enables your players to level up their skills, and enable them to become better at what they do (like mining, digging, forging metals, etc)

If you want you players to have access to locked doors at their house, you can install Lockette. It uses a sign that they can put above their door, or on the side of a chest to lock it!

If you have an android phone, you can manage your server from it using MinecraftMobileAdmin!

the permissions plugin is a necessity, you need to install that basically first. It can really suck to sit there granting certain groups the hundreds of permission nods, but it really adds to the customization and ranking process of your server.

If you're tired of opening double doors one at a time, or using complex redstone patterns to open double iron doors, then get Intellidoors. It will open both wood doors at the same time, and will open both iron doors with only 1 redstone connection! The wood doors close after 5 seconds, and the iron doors close 2 seconds after they loose a redstone connection.

This next one is basically the PLUGIN OF THE FUTURE. Spout is the best plugin I've ever seen. It has a downloadable client that basically replaces Minecraft. What it does is it allows the Spout client to be modded by the server, instead of everyone needing to mod it their self. Have an official texture pack? Send it to your players' spout client using SpoutTexturePack! The ONLY downside to this is that it doesnt support many of the older client side mods, but on the bright side it just came out a week ago, so there's room for improvement!

If you don't want spout, but still want wildgrass and stuff on your server, you can get Vegetation. It allows players that have the EJHopkins WildGrass mod installed to see wildgrass growing everywhere!

If you only want your friends to play, and let people join if they ask, then get Whitelist. It makes it so that people only on the list can get in your server!

And finally, but definitely not least, WorldEdit. WorldEdit is the most versatile editing mod available. You can make mountains, dig tunnels, build mansions, spawn oceans, replace pesky gravel with dirt (or diamonds ;) ) and so on. If you see just a hideous piece of land that needs to be covered in grass, and filled with trees, with maybe a river here or there, use World Edit to make a paradise!

EngeldesTodes

Deutsch Techno-Freak WIR SIND EIN
Feb 21, 2011
There is an anti-greif plugin for advanced users (but can be set up if you watch a 15 minute tutorial) called LogBlock. Basically, you have to set up your own SQL server (for free, shown how-to in the video), and it will track EVERYONE's block placement. If something is greiffed, you can use a wood pickaxe to see who modified the block, and ban them if you want. It also has a rollback function which allows you to undo that players block-placement all the way back to the beginning of when you install this plugin!

As for protection, I am fond of Regios (no "n"). It allows you to protect certain areas, block certain people from entering, and has customizable entrance/exit messages for your regions.

Economy, the most accepted is iConomy, as pretty much everything supports it.

If you want to add an RPG kinda feel, you can install Citizens, which places NPC's that can talk, trade, heal, repair etc. It can take a while to fully customize each NPC, but it's totally worth it!

A must have, basic plugin is Essentials v2.5+, it has everything from warps, to heals, to god mode, to setting /home, to changing time, etc. It also allows you to see which country (and if you want, city) your players are from.

Another RPG-oriented plugin is LevelCraft. It's a plugin that enables your players to level up their skills, and enable them to become better at what they do (like mining, digging, forging metals, etc)

If you want you players to have access to locked doors at their house, you can install Lockette. It uses a sign that they can put above their door, or on the side of a chest to lock it!

If you have an android phone, you can manage your server from it using MinecraftMobileAdmin!

the permissions plugin is a necessity, you need to install that basically first. It can really suck to sit there granting certain groups the hundreds of permission nods, but it really adds to the customization and ranking process of your server.

If you're tired of opening double doors one at a time, or using complex redstone patterns to open double iron doors, then get Intellidoors. It will open both wood doors at the same time, and will open both iron doors with only 1 redstone connection! The wood doors close after 5 seconds, and the iron doors close 2 seconds after they loose a redstone connection.

This next one is basically the PLUGIN OF THE FUTURE. Spout is the best plugin I've ever seen. It has a downloadable client that basically replaces Minecraft. What it does is it allows the Spout client to be modded by the server, instead of everyone needing to mod it their self. Have an official texture pack? Send it to your players' spout client using SpoutTexturePack! The ONLY downside to this is that it doesnt support many of the older client side mods, but on the bright side it just came out a week ago, so there's room for improvement!

If you don't want spout, but still want wildgrass and stuff on your server, you can get Vegetation. It allows players that have the EJHopkins WildGrass mod installed to see wildgrass growing everywhere!

If you only want your friends to play, and let people join if they ask, then get Whitelist. It makes it so that people only on the list can get in your server!

And finally, but definitely not least, WorldEdit. WorldEdit is the most versatile editing mod available. You can make mountains, dig tunnels, build mansions, spawn oceans, replace pesky gravel with dirt (or diamonds ;) ) and so on. If you see just a hideous piece of land that needs to be covered in grass, and filled with trees, with maybe a river here or there, use World Edit to make a paradise!
ok i try it that way talk in pm we discuss more

Users who are viewing this thread