NEED HELP WITH CLIENT

zerlem

Jun 9, 2020
Hey , i just set up my retro with my VPS and IIS, everything came out fine, when im in the VPS i can go onto the client and load up 100% with no problems. but when i try to use a friends computer or log on to the website off my normal PC, NOT the vps the client wont load up! it stops at 76% !!! even though in the VPS it loads up 1000000% and works fine... what can this be???

any help is much appreciated!!

zerlem

Jun 9, 2020
Your external variables are most likely linked incorrectly. Might be linking to 127.0.0.1 (localhost), rather than your domain name.
Gonna check that out now, if they were linked incorrectly would the client work when I’m on my VPS? Because it works on VPS and not on my norm PC

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Gonna check that out now, if they were linked incorrectly would the client work when I’m on my VPS? Because it works on VPS and not on my norm PC
Yeah as 127.0.0.1 would be be the local server, it'd be able to find the same resources locally. But not for external users. Alternatively, it could potentially be your firewall blocking incoming connections.

Users who are viewing this thread