Need Help Setting Up IIS7

Forget

Apr 3, 2012
Go to control pannel,
Click "Install windows features",
Select Internet Information Services,
Click Apply/Okay,
Wait for it to install.

If you have installed Xampp IIS will not allow you to run it since both are on port 80 simply do a full unistallation of Xampp, this includes changing the .dat files and so on and then clear your APP data and restart your computer, you should then be able to start the IIS modual.
You will then need windows platform installer to upgrade the iis to 7 or 7.5 depending on your liking

KyleVonnie

Come @ me Bro!
Oct 26, 2011
Go to control pannel,
Click Apply/Okay,
Wait for it to install.

If you have installed Xampp IIS will not allow you to run it since both are on port 80 simply do a full unistallation of Xampp, this includes changing the .dat files and so on and then clear your APP data and restart your computer, you should then be able to start the IIS modual.
You will then need windows platform installer to upgrade the iis to 7 or 7.5 depending on your liking
Don't you have to do much more than that, for the database and stuff?

Forget

Apr 3, 2012
You mean setting up the whole hotel? if so that's a long tutorial haha, i though you just ment to set up IIS.

You will also need to download:
- MySQL (WP)
- MySQL Connector (WP)
- PHP v3.4 (WP)
- Emulator (this forum)
- URL Re-Write (WP)
- Helicon APE (google)

Once all of those have downloaded.

Install navicat from google and make a database,

once the database has been made drag the CMS into C://intethup/wwwroot/,

edit the config

Allow ports 80, 3306, 30001, 30000 on your firewall

start up Emu

Set up swfs

Have fun:)

StreetMoney

Jul 19, 2012
Go to control pannel,
Click Apply/Okay,
Wait for it to install.

Will i loose my data base when i uninstall or will it tell me to save all users?

Forget

Apr 3, 2012
Before you uninstall it go to php my admin and create a mysql dumb (export) this will allow you to make a "back up"/"save" of your database so no data will be lost.

Make sure you close the emulator before creating the dumb since the emulator holds cache of querys to be entered and sometimes if it has a fault it can drop whole tables and even trunk tables

StreetMoney

Jul 19, 2012
I got everything on but what i need to fix this
HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error

Handler "PHP54_via_FastCGI" has a bad module "FastCgiModule" in its module list
  • Managed handler is used; however, ASP.NET is not installed or is not installed completely.
  • There is a typographical error in the configuration for the handler module list.

Forget

Apr 3, 2012
Go back onto the windows features and on IIS features click Addons and select "ASP.NET" it should select a few box's and then select "CGI" and then click okay and reboot your computer

Users who are viewing this thread