Need help hosting a habbo retro!

Zombiesz

Apr 2, 2013
I'm new to this, and suprisingly i made a habbo retro r63b and now i want to make it so my cousin can play with me, and i also wanna get users. I bought a domain on Register.com but i don't know how to get my hotel off of local host! People said i need a VPS but if i get one i wouldn't know what to do anyway... If anyone can help, please, it would be really appreciated, i put my time and effort into this hotel and i want people to join!

Flint

http://Dusk-Hotel.com
Jul 10, 2012
I'm new to this, and suprisingly i made a habbo retro r63b and now i want to make it so my cousin can play with me, and i also wanna get users. I bought a domain on Register.com but i don't know how to get my hotel off of local host! People said i need a VPS but if i get one i wouldn't know what to do anyway... If anyone can help, please, it would be really appreciated, i put my time and effort into this hotel and i want people to join!
If you host it on your pc you must port forward but hosting it on your pc isn't good as you can be DDoSed easily
If you buy a VPS you connect to it and set it up on there like you set it up on your pc

Zombiesz

Apr 2, 2013
If you host it on your pc you must port forward but hosting it on your pc isn't good as you can be DDoSed easily
If you buy a VPS you connect to it and set it up on there like you set it up on your pc
I bought something at porthosts.com but what do i do after that D:

K4TRIN4

Posting Freak
Jul 24, 2012
I'm sorry i'm such a noob, but how do i do that? I connected my VPS to the remote thing but i don't know what to do from there... I'm stuck.
I own a retro myself and its actually quite easy il help you set up a retro on your vps porthost are good as i have a vps from there too and ik sean the person who owns it really well
so if you will ned to get rid of the one on ur pc as thats useles now u have a vps basically do the exact same on your vps as you did on your pc becuz a vps is a virtual private server just like a pc but moer safer

Zombiesz

Apr 2, 2013
I own a retro myself and its actually quite easy il help you set up a retro on your vps porthost are good as i have a vps from there too and ik sean the person who owns it really well
so if you will ned to get rid of the one on ur pc as thats useles now u have a vps basically do the exact same on your vps as you did on your pc becuz a vps is a virtual private server just like a pc but moer safer
Thanks for replying. But what do i need to do first? I'm really confused. And a noob -.-

K4TRIN4

Posting Freak
Jul 24, 2012
Thanks for replying. But what do i need to do first? I'm really confused. And a noob -.-
Plus dont trust anyone with vps access learned that the hard way lol. Just get people to help you over teamviewer because if you give someone you vps details then you will have to kiss it goodbye as they will more then likely change the pass and steal it so that you cant get in if that happens just contact your vps company

Zombiesz

Apr 2, 2013
I wouldn't give anyone my VPS access. But anyway... I'm really almost just about given up, It's all way too confusing Lol, i just wanna get the damn hotel up so my cousin can come join me... :/ I'm really frustrated...

Users who are viewing this thread