Navicat not working etc.

qwlaesd

Feb 20, 2023
When trying to create a new server I get this message “2002 - Can’t connect to server on ‘localhost’ (10061)”. Also I don’t have World Wide Web Services on my computer, RSAT, etc.
Post automatically merged:

Navicat doesn’t register I have Visual Studio downloaded.

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
When trying to create a new server I get this message “2002 - Can’t connect to server on ‘local host’ (10061)”. Also I don’t have World Wide Web Services on my computer, RSAT, etc.

Navicat doesn’t register I have Visual Studio downloaded.
Navicat is to make databases. Do you have MySQL or MariaDB installed?

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
Open the xmapp control panel/centre and it will give you options to start each service such as Apache, Mysql ect start them and then try and use Navicat to connect

qwlaesd

Feb 20, 2023
On this guide to create a roleplay it says to go to your inetpub and then your wwwroot to do localhost. Mine doesn't show anything after following the steps and doing localhost any help? It says an IIS screen should appear but it does not.

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
Inside IIS Manager you should see a icon PHP manager, under that there will be 2 radio buttons, one is Production other Develoment, choose Development and click apply on the right side of the window

qwlaesd

Feb 20, 2023
Ok, but i'm struggling to get to the IIS Manager, Administrative tools is removed on Windows 11 and I have World Web Services etc. installed but cannot access my server manager, etc. any help?

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
On this guide to create a roleplay it says to go to your inetpub and then your wwwroot to do localhost. Mine doesn't show anything after following the steps and doing localhost any help? It says an IIS screen should appear but it does not.
Just a heads up this thread is from 2018 it’ll most likely be outdated/using flash.

Check the tutorials section on how to setup a retro using Atom/Nitro and go from there, you’ll learn a few things as it’s newbie friendly.

Ok, but i'm struggling to get to the IIS Manager, Administrative tools is removed on Windows 11 and I have World Web Services etc. installed but cannot access my server manager, etc. any help?
Maybe you haven’t installed IIS properly. If you’re doing it on localhost and using Windows 11 find a tutorial on Google how to install IIS on Windows 11 as most people use Windows Server due to using a VPS.

qwlaesd

Feb 20, 2023
Does Amazon AWS work as a VPS?

What is the recommended size the VPS can handle and will a Cloud Server work?

Users who are viewing this thread