Name change confirmation

AssLikeThat

Posting Freak
Jan 27, 2013
HI!

So basically I changed my name to Nipple last week by accident, I thought there would be a "Are you sure you would like to change your name to 'Nipple'?" But there wasn't D;

Would it be a good idea to add a confirmation message to the name changing thing and it would prevent mistakes or anything like that.

OR you could not be a complete tit like me and type Nipple in to see if it was glitched...

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
It seems kind of pointless to me, after all why would anyone put in a name they didn't want and then click change?

OFF TOPIC: Have you done the same thing again or is 'AssLikeThat' intentional?:p

AssLikeThat

Posting Freak
Jan 27, 2013
It seems kind of pointless to me, after all why would anyone put in a name they didn't want and then click change?

OFF TOPIC: Have you done the same thing again or is 'AssLikeThat' intentional?:p
It's intentional :) I see where you're coming from but this is also if someone makes a Typo or something like that aswell, I just think it would be better for it to be there :)

Bugme

Dec 12, 2014
I - I Don't agree, people should just read to be sure that they put in the right username before clicking confirm, I personally think if they don't read and they quickly click change that it's their own fault. But that's how I'm thinking, anyhow I don't think that it's necessary again to add a confirmation when people need to read.

It's like you're reading a terms of service, read before you agree.

Last edited:

AssLikeThat

Posting Freak
Jan 27, 2013
1. I don't think that this is a good idea, I think that people need to re-read before they are going to confirm that they want to change names. Sure mistakes are to be made, but it doesn't automatically needs a confirmation just because of that.
Not everyone is willing to re-read, people want a website that they don't have to do much work on :)

I understand where you are coming from but It's too easy to make a mistake.

Fume

wag1 piff ting
Dec 4, 2014
I feel this should be added, sometimes people try names and find out they are taken and try a different name to see if it works when they don't actually want it, I know I have done this before on xbox with my gamertag.

Bugme

Dec 12, 2014
I once again can't agree with you here - You don't need a confirmation when you know what username you put in the box, and if you're putting the wrong username in and you're quickly pressing change then it's your own fault. I'm pretty sure that Josh won't even bother adding this, because it's not really useless for everyone because everyone knows that you read before you change something.

Fume

wag1 piff ting
Dec 4, 2014
I once again can't agree with you here - You don't need a confirmation when you know what username you put in the box, and if you're putting the wrong username in and you're quickly pressing change then it's your own fault. I'm pretty sure that Josh won't even bother adding this, because it's not really useless for everyone because everyone knows that you read before you change something.
Yeah that's true, but it's the internet, people rush things.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Let's not go all "windows OS" on the forum, ey? Asking if we're sure if we want to do everything - it just adds time to doing what you want.

It takes all of 5 seconds to double check your name before you click confirm. That's my input.

Hethod

Feb 12, 2011
Reece is right: I don't think that it akes long to check if you're name is right. And if that's so hard then don't bother moaning about your name being wrong.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Let's not go all "windows OS" on the forum, ey? Asking if we're sure if we want to do everything - it just adds time to doing what you want.

It takes all of 5 seconds to double check your name before you click confirm. That's my input.

Could always modify the AUC settings?

AssLikeThat

Posting Freak
Jan 27, 2013
With you..
Why thanks :D

Also: I don't see the problem with a message which double checks if you are sure you want the name, it's something really simple and it's not going to kill anybody...

Or just make sure the names right :)
Like someone said above me it's the internet people don't want to have to do that, they want something done for them :)

Enlighten

Oct 1, 2013
Eh, kinda useless. Just read over your name and if it looks fine finish it. If not, then simply don't press confirm lol.

Users who are viewing this thread