MySQL tuning?

Melancholy

Jan 10, 2015
Hello!

So I got my retro up and running, everything is smooth etc.. Just that the client lags out when I buy 100x60 (600 furnis) at the same time. Is there anything I can do, except coding in the emu, to prevent the "clogging" in the DB?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Query cache would most likely solve this. I'm pretty sure it solved it on habboon for me. When I'm home ill post my configuration.

Melancholy

Jan 10, 2015
Query cache would most likely solve this. I'm pretty sure it solved it on habboon for me. When I'm home ill post my configuration.

Thanks for the answer. I've actually tried some cache-configs, but haven't gotten any "WOW" effect just yet. I'd love to take a look at your configuration, and I truly appreciate you helping me out. I've never really mastered the way of SQL.. Might be time to buy a book or two xd.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Here you go;

I had this same issue for a while, after moving from an SSD to an HDD, after changing around the config it improved itself. I also used ( ).

Melancholy

Jan 10, 2015
Here you go;

I had this same issue for a while, after moving from an SSD to an HDD, after changing around the config it improved itself. I also used ( ).

This was much better than I expected.. Seriously, thank you so much. This gave me so much insight in MySQL tuning.. Just wow. Thank you dude!

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
This was much better than I expected.. Seriously, thank you so much. This gave me so much insight in MySQL tuning.. Just wow. Thank you dude!

No problem. You probably already know this; but you won't be able to just use my above configuration as it's setup for a server that has 64 GB ram (thus the poolsize). Also I'd suggest you take a look at (it's a fork of MySQL by ex-developers & is now supported by Google).

Melancholy

Jan 10, 2015
No problem. You probably already know this; but you won't be able to just use my above configuration as it's setup for a server that has 64 GB ram (thus the poolsize). Also I'd suggest you take a look at (it's a fork of MySQL by ex-developers & is now supported by Google).

Yeah, haha you got some insane configuration there bud. I've tried to google this but to no end.. (5min of google though) maybe you can share some more light for me?

Question: Bind-adress in the my.ini file, how exactly is this working? I mean, would I still be able to connect to the DB itself from for example my PC or is it JUST from local net that any configurations can be made? (If I were to put 127.0.0.1) Or do I need to put 0.0.0.0 in order for me to do DB changes from my PC?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
You can remove bind-address, I just added it due to some firewall rules I use to counter DDoS attacks, and as I only wanted it accessible on the server to rule out possibility of those with access miss-using it.

Just remember to create firewall rule to only listen on port 3306 on your IP address to prevent others hitting your MySQL port.

Melancholy

Jan 10, 2015
You can remove bind-address, I just added it due to some firewall rules I use to counter DDoS attacks, and as I only wanted it accessible on the server to rule out possibility of those with access miss-using it.

Just remember to create firewall rule to only listen on port 3306 on your IP address to prevent others hitting your MySQL port.

Ahh okay. Thanks man.

Here you go;

Yo, would you mind sharing your config again? I completely lost it and would love to take a look.

Cheers bud!

Users who are viewing this thread